At WelbeHealth, our vision is a world where every human being participates in our culture through their final days. To make this vision a reality, we provide integrated medical and social services to our most vulnerable seniors, helping to unlock their full potential. We are looking for team members who are energized by working in diverse teams toward our shared purpose, who are eager to drive groundbreaking innovation, and who will interact with those we serve and those who serve them in a spirit of understanding and compassion.
The WelbeHealth PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) programs in California are thriving and quickly growing. The program serves as our patients’ health insurer and directly provides comprehensive primary care and social services to keep them living safely in the community. Reporting to the Clinic Manager, the Clinic LVN is responsible for providing nursing care to participants, and collaborating with the PACE Physician, RN and other colleagues to facilitate the overall efficiency of the primary care clinic.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Delivering and documenting nursing interventions as agreed upon in the participants’ care plans including but not limited to maintaining a healthy and safe environment, promptly and accurately responding to physician orders, and correctly administering medications and performing ordered tests and treatments.
- Remaining alert to pertinent input from other team members, participants, and caregivers and updating the RN or other clinic staff promptly of any changes in participants’ condition or medical status.
- Working closely with clinic and home health staff to manage smooth care transitions between settings (hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, home, etc.).
- Educating and instructing the participant, family and caregivers regarding the disease process, self-care techniques, and prevention strategies as assigned.
- Providing backup coverage to other WelbeHealth PACE nursing functions.
- Completing all essential documentation in a timely and precise fashion.
- Protecting and maintaining confidentiality of all company procedures and information about employees, participants and families.
- Complying with and abiding by WelbeHealth PACE policies and procedures.
- Active participation in any required Quality Improvement activities, staff training and meetings
Why you’ll love working at WelbeHealth:
- As an early employee of our program, you will have the ability to help shape our processes and have ample opportunity for growth.
- The WelbeHealth PACE is a truly special model that allows practitioners to provide care in in a compassionate and relationship-focused way. You’ll be a part of bringing this exciting program to seniors in the community.
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop creative solutions for participants and to practice “person-centered care,” empowering and helping our participants meet their goals.
- Strong preference for those who have completed 2-step COVID-19 vaccination series or are willing to do so in first 30 days after hire as condition of continued employment.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Unencumbered California Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) License.
- Minimum of one year nursing experience in a clinical setting with a frail or elderly population.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, able to execute tasks in a quickly changing environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Excellent clinical, organizational and communication skills in settings with seniors, their families and interdisciplinary team members.
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Bilingual Spanish-English preferred.
- Deep commitment to unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.