At WelbeHealth, our vision is a world where every human being participates in our culture through their final days. To make this vision a reality, we provide integrated medical and social services to our most vulnerable seniors, helping to unlock their full potential. We are looking for team members who are energized by working in diverse teams toward our shared purpose, who are eager to drive groundbreaking innovation, and who will interact with those we serve and those who serve them in a spirit of understanding and compassion.
The WelbeHealth PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) programs in California are thriving and quickly growing. The program serves as our patients’ health insurer and directly provides comprehensive primary care and social services to keep them living safely in the community. Reporting to the Home Health Manager, the Home Health LVN is responsible for carrying out tasks in the participants’ residences as assigned such as home safety assessments, data gathering and supervisory visits.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Provide and document in-person supervision and instruction to Personal Care Assistants and Home Health Aides assigned to participants’ homes at least as frequently as specified in the Home Health Agency regulations and more often if necessary.
- Track and monitor home care hour scheduling.
- Conduct and document home safety assessments as assigned.
- Perform and document data collection (e.g. vitals) as assigned.
- Deliver and document nursing interventions as assigned, accurately responding to physician orders, and correctly administering medications and performing ordered tests and treatments.
- Remain alert to pertinent input from other team members, participants, and caregivers and update the RN or other clinic staff promptly of any changes in participants’ condition or medical status.
- Support to the clinic staff and home health staff work to manage smooth care transitions between settings (hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, home, etc.)
- Complete all required documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Follow WelbeHealth PACE policies and procedures and participate in any required Quality Improvement activities, staff training and meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Why you’ll love working at WelbeHealth:
- As an early employee of our program, you will have the ability to help shape our processes and have ample opportunity for growth.
- WelbeHealth PACE is a truly special model that allows practitioners to provide care in in a compassionate and relationship-focused way. You’ll be a part of bringing this exciting program to seniors in the local community.
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop creative solutions for participants and to practice “person-centered care,” empowering and helping our participants meet their goals.
- Strong preference for those who have completed 2-step COVID-19 vaccination series or are willing to do so in first 30 days after hire as condition of continued employment.
- Unencumbered California Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) License.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)/ First Aid Certification required.
- Minimum of two years experience in a clinical setting with a frail or elderly population.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, able to execute tasks in a quickly changing environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Excellent clinical, organizational and communication skills in settings with seniors, their families and interdisciplinary team members.
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Bilingual Spanish-English preferred.
- Commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.