At WelbeHealth, our purpose is to unlock the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors. We do this by providing them with integrated medical and social services. We are looking for team members who have a pioneering spirit, the courage to love, and will bring diverse perspectives around our shared intention and mission.
The WelbeHealth PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) programs in California are thriving and quickly growing. The program is an integrated health care model providing full medical and social support services to frail, elderly participants. Reporting directly to the Clinical Services Director, the Home Health Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of services in the participants' home environment and coordinating with the Interdisciplinary team as required to facilitate care needs.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Completing in home assessments of participants to evaluate care needs, develop and implement a Plan of Care at least semi-annually and following condition changes
- Conducting home visits as needed to assess participant condition and needs under the direction of a physician and as recommended by the Interdisciplinary Team
- Supervising home health for participants in board and care, assisted living, and other community housing arrangements - work with housing care staff to ensure coordination of care and communication with the WelbeHealth PACE Interdisciplinary Team
- Supervising a team of RNs and LVNs
- Coordinating caregiving and skilled home health needs in the home with the participant and/ or family and Interdisciplinary Team
- Assisting with discharge planning to the participant’s residence from an acute hospital setting or rehabilitation center in coordination with the clinic discharge planner
- Assessing for and orders medical supplies and equipment needed in the home
- Educating the participant, family members and/or caregiver regarding the disease process, self-care techniques, and prevention strategies
- Actively participating in Interdisciplinary Team meetings
- Providing direct clinical nursing support to the clinic as needed
Why you’ll love working at WelbeHealth:
- As an early employee of our program, you will have the ability to help shape our processes and have ample opportunity for growth.
- WelbeHealth PACE is a truly special model that allows practitioners to provide care in in a compassionate and relationship-focused way. You’ll be a part of bringing this exciting program to seniors in the community.
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop creative solutions for participants and to practice “person-centered care,” empowering and helping our participants meet their goals.
- Strong preference for those who have completed 2-step COVID-19 vaccination series or are willing to do so in first 30 days after hire as condition of continued employment
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- RN currently licensed by the California Board of Registered Nursing
- At least two years nursing employment with experience in home health setting and/or conducting home visits with the geriatric population
- Nursing knowledge and skills to treat participants and manage complex clinical needs
- Ability to work well both independently and within an Interdisciplinary Team
- Highly motivated, self-directed, able to execute tasks in a quickly changing environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations
- Strong customer service orientation
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and first aid certification preferred
- Comfort with conducting routine home and facility visits
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.