At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences and create the never-before-seen!
The WelbeHealth Driver is responsible for transporting clients to and from destinations in a safe manner, including conducting a pre-inspection check on all vehicles to make sure equipment is functioning properly and the vehicle is stocked with emergency supplies. The
Driver collaborates effectively with colleagues and stakeholders to promote the WelbeHealth values, team culture and mission.
What you’ll do:
- Adhere to the assigned schedule of transporting PACE participants, ensuring high customer satisfaction.
- Conduct a comprehensive pre-inspection on assigned vehicles, including lift vans, ADA accessible mini buses, and ambulatory vehicles prior to the start of each shift.
- Ensure that all wheelchairs or any other assistive devices are tied down properly
- Assist clients getting in and out of vehicles, as well as transferring participants in and out of wheelchairs.
- Report any incidents to the Transportation Coordinator according to training and policies and procedures.
- Remain alert to pertinent input from other team members, participants, and caregivers and promptly update the Transportation Coordinator or other members of the IDT of any changes in participants’ condition or psychosocial status.
- Complete and submit all required documentation in a timely and accurate manner, includingtransportation logs, fuel cards, vehicle maintenance and mileage records
- Protect privacy and maintain confidentiality of all company procedures and information about employees, participants and families
- Follow PACE policies and procedures and participate in any required Quality Improvement activities, staff training and meetings.
Why you’ll love working at WelbeHealth:
- You’ll play a critical role in providing much needed services to vulnerable and underserved populations
- You’ll be joining a company that combines the best of mission-driven orientation with Silicon Valley innovation, with the opportunity to help shape our programs and processes as we grow
- You’ll be surrounded by capable colleagues who care deeply about their work and team up to create a whole that is greater than the sum of our parts
- Graduation from high school or equivalent, preferred.
- Possess a valid California Class C or commercial driver’s license, Class A or B with passenger endorsement, or B Passenger Endorsement License.
- Must have a driver’s license for at least five (5) years. No more than one (1) moving violation or one (1) at fault accident in the last three (3) years.
- Participate in the DMV pull notice and random testing for alcohol and controlled substances programs, pass DOJ/FBI background check, and pass physical exam.
- At least 4 years’ experience working in a commercial transportation setting.
- At least 1 year of experience with a frail or elderly population.
- Experience using computer systems for tracking transportation services preferred.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.