At WelbeHealth, our purpose is to unlock the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors. We do this by providing them with integrated medical and social services. We are looking for team members who have a pioneering spirit, the courage to love, and will bring diverse perspectives around our shared intention and mission.
The WelbeHealth PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) programs in California are thriving and quickly growing. WelbeHealth PACE is an integrated health care model providing full medical and social support services to frail, elderly participants. Reporting to the Clinical Services Director, the Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting the medical staff (providers and nurses) in the provision of safe and efficient delivery of medical services at the WelbeHealth PACE clinic.
What You'll Do:
- Assist WelbeHealth PACE medical staff to address the participants’ needs in the clinic as follows:
- Prepare the participants for their appointments, including but not limited to setting up exam rooms, checking participants in and out, obtaining accurate history of present illness, etc.
- Perform required pre-exam physical tests, i.e., measuring and documenting participants’ vital signs as ordered by a physician and assist the physician during the examination as appropriate
- Perform general medical procedures, i.e. dressing changes and suture removal as directed, and under specific authorization and supervision of a physician, as long as the training requirements are met according to state law
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens as ordered and perform routine sterilization procedures of medical and dental equipment according to guidelines
- Schedule participants for medical appointments with providers inside the WelbeHealth PACE clinic as well as outside specialty offices, document encounters in the EMR, monitor appointment attendance, and inform participants and team appropriately
- Answer the WelbeHealth PACE clinic telephone and address participant and provider issues, relating urgent matters to the Clinical Services Director or RN
- Triage and address as directed, unscheduled requests for physician visits in the WelbeHealth PACE clinic.
- Assist with ordering medical supplies.
- Assist with equipment maintenance and sterilization
- Remain alert and update the supervisor or any member of the IDT promptly of any changes in participants’ condition.
Why You'll Love Working at WelbeHealth:
- Our Medical Assistants are the face of our clinic and have lots of autonomy to take initiative and impact our participants.
- As an early employee of our program, you will have the ability to help shape our processes and have ample opportunity for growth.
- WelbeHealth PACE is a truly special model that allows practitioners to provide care in in a compassionate and relationship-focused way. You’ll be a part of bringing this exciting program to seniors in the community.
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop creative solutions for participants and to practice “person-centered care,” empowering and helping our participants meet their goals.
- Strong preference for those who have completed 2-step COVID-19 vaccination series or are willing to do so in first 30 days after hire as condition of continued employment
- High school diploma or equivalent, required. Graduation from a 2-year associate degree program in medical assistance accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES), preferred.
- Two years’ experience as a Medical Assistant in a physician office or medical clinic, under the supervision of a medical provider
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) / First Aid / CPR Certification required
- At least 2 years of experience working with a frail or elderly population
- Ability to process accurate information in a timely manner.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to follow directions from supervisor and communicate needs effectively.
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.