At WelbeHealth, our vision is a world where every human being participates in our culture through their final days. To make this vision a reality, we provide integrated medical and social services to our most vulnerable seniors, helping to unlock their full potential. We are looking for team members who are energized by working in diverse teams toward our shared purpose, who are eager to drive groundbreaking innovation, and who will interact with those we serve and those who serve them in a spirit of understanding and compassion.
The WelbeHealth PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) programs in California are thriving and quickly growing. The program serves as our patients’ health insurer and directly provides comprehensive primary care and social services to keep them living safely in the community. Reporting to the Clinic Manager, the Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting the medical staff (providers and nurses) in the provision of safe and efficient delivery of medical services at the WelbeHealth PACE clinic.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Assisting WelbeHealth PACE medical staff to address the participants’ needs in the clinic as follows:
- Preparing the participants for their appointments, including but not limited to setting up exam rooms, checking participants in and out, obtaining accurate history of present illness, etc.
- Performing required pre-exam physical tests, i.e., measuring and documenting participants’ vital signs as ordered by a physician and assist the physician during the examination as appropriate.
- Performing general medical procedures, i.e. dressing changes and suture removal as directed, and under specific authorization and supervision of a physician, as long as the training requirements are met according to state law.
- Collecting and preparing laboratory specimens as ordered and perform routine sterilization procedures of medical and dental equipment according to guidelines.
- Scheduling participants for medical appointments with providers inside the WelbeHealth PACE clinic as well as outside specialty offices, document encounters in the EMR, monitoring appointment attendance, and informing participants and team appropriately.
- Answering the WelbeHealth PACE clinic telephone and addressing participant and provider issues, relating urgent matters to the Clinical Services Director or RN.
- Triaging and addressing as directed, unscheduled requests for physician visits in the WelbeHealth PACE clinic.
- Assisting with ordering medical supplies.
- Assisting with equipment maintenance and sterilization
- Remaining alert and updating the supervisor or any member of the IDT promptly of any changes in participants’ condition.
Why you’ll love working at WelbeHealth:
- As an early employee of our program, you will have the ability to help shape our processes and have ample opportunity for growth.
- WelbeHealth PACE is a truly special model that allows practitioners to provide care in in a compassionate and relationship-focused way. You’ll be a part of bringing this exciting program to seniors.
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop creative solutions for participants and to practice “person-centered care,” empowering and helping our participants meet their goals.
- Strong preference for those who have completed 2-step COVID-19 vaccination series or are willing to do so in first 30 days after hire as condition of continued employment
- High school diploma or equivalent, required. Graduation from a 2-year associate degree program in medical assistance accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES), preferred.
- Two years’ experience as a Medical Assistant in a physician office or medical clinic, under the supervision of a medical provider.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) / First Aid / CPR Certification required.
- At least 2 years of experience working with a frail or elderly population.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.