At WelbeHealth, our vision is a world where every human being participates in our culture through their final days. To make this vision a reality, we provide integrated medical and social services to our most vulnerable seniors, helping to unlock their full potential. We are looking for team members who are energized by working in diverse teams toward our shared purpose, who are eager to drive groundbreaking innovation, and who will interact with those we serve and those who serve them in a spirit of understanding and compassion.
The WelbeHealth PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) programs in California are thriving and quickly growing. The program serves as our patients’ health insurer and directly provides comprehensive primary care and social services to keep them living safely in the community. Reporting to the Clinical Services Director, the Rehabilitation Assistant will provide safe delivery of personal care and rehab services to participants at the WelbeHealth PACE rehabilitation center, as directed.
What you’ll do:
- Transport participants to and from the rehab department or appropriate therapy space
- Assist participants and therapists in preparation for appointments
- Carry out treatment programs as are predetermined for each patient and delegated by the supervising therapists
- Assist patients in ambulating with appropriate devices determined by the supervising therapist
- Assist patients in the safe practice of activities related to the development and maintenance of strength, endurance, range of motion, and activities of daily living as determined by the supervising therapist
- Perform clerical duties as assigned
- Prepare and maintain the work and treatment area and/ or equipment
- Communicate positively and professionally with participants, family members, and Interdisciplinary team (IDT)
- Remain alert and updating the supervisor or any member of the IDT promptly of any changes in participants’ condition.
- Complete all required documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Protect privacy and maintain confidentiality of all company procedures and information about employees, participants and families.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong preference for those who have completed 2-step COVID-19 vaccination series or are willing to do so in first 30 days after hire as condition of continued employment
- Graduation from high school or equivalent required, certification of Rehabilitation Aide (RA), Home Health Aide (HHA) or Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) / First Aid Certification required.
- At least 1 year of experience providing personal care to a frail or elderly population
- Ability to process accurate information in a timely manner.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to follow directions from supervisor and communicate needs effectively
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
We believe that unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors requires a diverse team with a variety of perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard for race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.