At WelbeHealth, our vision is a world where every human being participates in our culture through their final days. To make this vision a reality, we provide integrated medical and social services to our most vulnerable seniors, helping to unlock their full potential. We are looking for team members who are energized by working in diverse teams toward our shared purpose, who are eager to drive groundbreaking innovation, and who will interact with those we serve and those who serve them in a spirit of understanding and compassion.
We are launching a PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) program in Fresno, CA. The PACE program serves as our patients’ health insurer and directly provides comprehensive primary care and social services to keep them living safely in the community. Reporting to the Clinical Services Director, the Home Health RN is responsible for coordinating nursing care in participants’ homes including providing skilled care based on physician’s orders and arranging and supervising personal care in the home.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Conducting Home Care Nursing assessments to determine the nursing, personal care and equipment needs in the home, preferences and goals of the participants and actively participating in IDT meetings to develop participant care plans.
- Delivering and documenting home care nursing interventions as agreed upon in the participants’ care plans including but not limited to maintaining a healthy and safe environment, promptly and accurately responding to physician orders, and correctly administering medications and performing ordered tests and treatments.
- Instructing the participant, family and caregivers regarding the disease process, selfcare techniques, and prevention strategies.
- Providing on-site supervision and instruction to Personal Care Assistants and Home Health Aides assigned to participants’ homes at least as frequently as specified in the Home Health Agency regulations and more often if necessary.
- Managing home care staff including hiring, training, supervising and mentoring.
- In collaboration with Home Care Scheduler, tracking and monitoring home care hours and scheduling.
- Remaining alert to pertinent input from other team members, participants, and caregivers and update the IDT promptly of any changes in participants’ condition or medical status.
- Working with the PACE Physician and other members of the IDT to manage smooth care transitions between settings (hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, home, etc.).
- In coordination with the Marketing Team, supporting enrollment of prospective participants into the program.
- Participating in end-of-life care coordination and support.
- Providing backup coverage to other Sequoia PACE nursing functions.
Why you’ll love working at WelbeHealth:
- As an early employee of our program, you will have the ability to help shape our processes and have ample opportunity for growth.
- PACE is a truly special model that allows practitioners to provide care in in a compassionate and relationship-focused way. You’ll be a part of bringing this exciting program to seniors in the Pasadena, Burbank, and Glendale communities.
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop creative solutions for participants and to practice “person-centered care,” empowering and helping our participants meet their goals.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Bachelor of Science (BSN) preferred.
- Unencumbered California Registered Nurse (RN) License.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)/ First Aide Certification required.
- Minimum of two years nursing experience in a clinical setting with a frail or elderly population.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, able to execute tasks in a quickly changing environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Excellent clinical, organizational and communication skills in settings with seniors, their families and interdisciplinary team members.
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
We believe that unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors requires a diverse team with a variety of perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard for race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.