At WelbeHealth, our vision is a world where every human being participates in our culture through their final days. To make this vision a reality, we provide integrated medical and social services to our most vulnerable seniors, helping to unlock their full potential. We are looking for team members who are energized by working in diverse teams toward our shared purpose, who are eager to drive groundbreaking innovation, and who will interact with those we serve and those who serve them in a spirit of understanding and compassion.
We operate a PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) program in Pasadena, CA serving the Pasadena, Glendale and Burbank communities. The PACE program serves as our patients’ health insurer and directly provides comprehensive primary care and social services to keep them living safely in the community. Reporting to the Center Director, the Day Center Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing daily center operations and participant activity specific to the needs of the PACE program.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Daily supervisor for Personal Care Assistants and dietary assistants, assists with overseeing daily center operations, including participant and staff activity in the day program. Oversees areas such as, but not limited to: showering schedules, exercise program, recreational activities lead by the PCAs.
- Ensure the recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training of employees; maintains a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Communicate job expectations with employees to achieve results; manages employee performance through coaching, counseling, and disciplining and conducts all performance evaluations for the nursing team; prepare work schedules and ensure employees have necessary resources to succeed.
- Provides other center support services, including driver and meal coordination, translation services.
- Creates and oversees PCA schedules for escorting participants to appointments and when needed to and from the center
- Participate as a member in Inter- Disciplinary Team (IDT) and reports pertinent information to day floor support
- In collaboration with System Administrator and PACE Center Manager, coordinate services and activities offered in the day center and ensure we are meeting state regulations and appropriate staffing ratios. Ensures staff are assigned to carry out CACFP duties to include meal delivery and meal counts.
- Review monthly operation expenses to assure budgetary compliance and to identify any budget variations as appropriate.
- Review and approve timecards, scheduled PTO
- Responsible to ensure compliance in all areas of program operations and to prepare the necessary Corrective Action Plan (CAP) as needed in a timely process. (CMS; DHCS, Clinic; Dept. Of Education; DHCS, Office of Long Term Care)
- Communicates effectively (verbal and written) with participants, family members, caregivers, staff and visitors.
- Ensures call lights and wander guards are checked regularly and in working condition. Reports to Center Director and/or appropriate vendor if not working
- Proactively engage with PACE Administration to further program development, including participation in working committees and project development/implementation.
Why you’ll love working at WelbeHealth:
- You’ll have the opportunity to help build a high performing day center function that helps define the role of training in the PACE industry
- You’ll be joining a company that combines the best of mission-driven orientation with Silicon Valley innovation, with the opportunity to help shape our programs and processes as we grow
- You’ll be surrounded by capable colleagues who care deeply about their work and are greater than the sum of our parts
- Bachelors Degree Preferred
- Considerable (3-5 years) experience in leadership/management roles
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
We believe that unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors requires a diverse team with a variety of perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard for race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.