At WelbeHealth, our vision is a world where every human being participates in our culture through their final days. To make this vision a reality, we provide integrated medical and social services to our most vulnerable seniors, helping to unlock their full potential. We are looking for team members who are energized by working in diverse teams toward our shared purpose, who are eager to drive groundbreaking innovation, and who will interact with those we serve and those who serve them in a spirit of understanding and compassion.
We operate a PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) program in Stockton, CA. The PACE program serves as our patients’ health insurer and directly provides comprehensive primary care and social services to keep them living safely in the community. Reporting to the Rehabilitation Manager, the Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant will be responsible for providing therapeutic and rehabilitative Occupational Therapy service to participants at the Center and at home.
What you’ll do:
- Monitor participants activity to ensure they are being completed correctly and offer encouragement.
- Carry out treatment programs as are predetermined for each participant and delegated by the supervising therapists.
- Assist patients in ambulating with appropriate devices determined by the supervising therapist.
- Assist participants in the safe practice of activities related to the development and maintenance of strength, endurance, range of motion, and activities of daily living as determined by the supervising therapist.
- Manage supply inventory.
- Traveling to and providing care to participants in their homes as needed.
- Conduct home visits as needed to set up equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Why you’ll love working at WelbeHealth:
- PACE is a truly special model that allows practitioners to provide care in in a compassionate and relationship-focused way. You’ll be a part of bringing this exciting program to seniors in the Stanislaus and San Joaquin communities.
- You’ll be surrounded by capable colleagues who care deeply about their work and are greater than the sum of our parts.
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop creative solutions for participants and to practice “person-centered care,” empowering and helping our participants meet their goals.
- Associate Degree or higher in Occupational Therapy; accredited by AOTA and ACOTE standards.
- Licensed and/or eligible for licensure as required in the state of
- At least 1 year of experience providing personal care to a frail or elderly population
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
We believe that unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors requires a diverse team with a variety of perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard for race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.