At WelbeHealth, our vision is a world where every human being participates in our culture through their final days. To make this vision a reality, we provide integrated medical and social services to our most vulnerable seniors, helping to unlock their full potential. We are looking for team members who are energized by working in diverse teams toward our shared purpose, who are eager to drive groundbreaking innovation, and who will interact with those we serve and those who serve them in a spirit of understanding and compassion.
We operate a PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) program in Stockton, CA serving the San Joaquin and Stanislaus communities. The PACE program serves as our patients’ health insurer and directly provides comprehensive primary care and social services to keep them living safely in the community. Reporting to the Center Manager, the Activity Supervisor will be responsible for owning the activities and engagement program at Stockton PACE and supervising a team of coordinators and assistants.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the engagement program and its team members.
- Own the engagement program strategy and manage the department budget.
- Conduct Engagement assessments to determine the social and therapeutic needs, preferences and goals of the participants and actively participate in IDT meetings to develop participant care plans.
- Develop a comprehensive, innovative and appropriate Engagement Program including but not limited to individual and group activities, volunteers, entertainers, as well as outings that meets the diverse needs of Stockton PACE participants.
- Implement and supervise all activities of the Stockton PACE Engagement Program, monitoring for enjoyment, appropriateness and safety.
- Develop and post a monthly calendar of the Engagement schedule of activities.
- Cultivate and maintain effective relationships with outside organizations such as adult education programs and other state, county or private resources that can offer support to the Stockton PACE Engagement Program.
- Provide training and instructions to staff, participants and caregivers/families as appropriate.
- In coordination with the Outreach & Enrollment Team, support enrollment of prospective participants into the program.
Why you’ll love working at WelbeHealth:
- You will play a critical role in bringing the ground-breaking PACE model of care to scale, providing much needed services to a vulnerable population
- You’ll be joining a company that combines the best of mission-driven orientation with innovation, with the opportunity to help shape our programs and processes as we grow
- You’ll be surrounded by capable colleagues who care deeply about their work and are greater than the sum of our parts
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, Master’s degree in Recreation Therapy preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience planning activities for a geriatric population with at least 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement a stimulating and appropriate engagement program for seniors utilizing multiple therapeutic modalities.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, able to execute tasks in a quickly changing environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills in settings with seniors, their families and interdisciplinary team members.
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
We believe that unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors requires a diverse team with a variety of perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard for race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.