At WelbeHealth, our purpose is to unlock the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors. We do this by providing them with integrated medical and social services. We are looking for team members who have a pioneering spirit, the courage to love, and will bring diverse perspectives around our shared intention and mission.
We are launching a PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) program in Long Beach, CA. The PACE program serves as our patients’ health insurer and directly provides comprehensive primary care and social services to keep them living safely in the community. Reporting to the Center Director, the Activities Coordinator is responsible for developing, coordinating and supervising the LA Coast PACE Engagement (Activities) Program, including developing individualized activity plans designed to meet the needs of LA Coast PACE participants for social and therapeutic recreational activities.
What you'll do:
- Conduct Engagement (Activities) assessments to determine the social and therapeutic needs, preferences and goals of the participants and actively participate in IDT meetings to develop participant care plans.
- Develop a comprehensive, innovative and appropriate Engagement Program including but not limited to individual and group activities as well as outings that meets the diverse needs of LA Coast PACE participants.
- Implement and supervise all activities of the LA Coast PACE Engagement Program, monitoring for enjoyment, appropriateness and safety.
- Develop and post a monthly calendar of the Engagement schedule of activities.
- Cultivate and maintain effective relationships with outside organizations such as adult education programs and other state, county or private resources that can offer support to the LA Coast PACE Engagement Program.
- Provide training and instructions to staff, participants and caregivers/families as appropriate.
- Manage department budget.
- Remain alert to pertinent input from other team members, participants, and caregivers and update the IDT promptly of any changes in participants’ condition or functional status.
- In coordination with the Intake Team, support enrollment of prospective participants into the program.
Why you’ll love working at WelbeHealth:
- As an early employee of our program, you will have the ability to help shape our processes and have ample opportunity for growth.
- PACE is a truly special model that allows practitioners to provide care in in a compassionate and relationship-focused way. You’ll be a part of bringing this exciting program to seniors in Long Beach.
- You’ll be surrounded by capable colleagues who care deeply about their work and are greater than the sum of our parts.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, Master’s degree in Recreation Therapy preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- 2 years' experience in a social recreational or educational program with at least 1 year working with a frail or elderly population.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement a stimulating and appropriate engagement program for seniors utilizing multiple therapeutic modalities.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, able to execute tasks in a quickly changing environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills in settings with seniors, their families and interdisciplinary team members.
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds.
We believe that unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors requires a diverse team with a variety of perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard for race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.