At WelbeHealth, our vision is a world where every human being participates in our culture through their final days. To make this vision a reality, we provide integrated medical and social services to our most vulnerable seniors, helping to unlock their full potential. We are looking for team members who are energized by working in diverse teams toward our shared purpose, who are eager to drive groundbreaking innovation, and who will interact with those we serve and those who serve them in a spirit of understanding and compassion.
We are launching a PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) program in Long Beach, CA. The PACE program serves as our patients’ health insurer and directly provides comprehensive primary care and social services to keep them living safely in the community. Reporting to the Center Director, the Transportation Coordinator will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Transportation department.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the Transportation staff including hiring, training, supervising, mentoring and coordination with contracted providers.
- Effectively participate in IDT meetings including preparation, active engagement (listening to others, sharing ideas and driving toward solutions) and timely follow-up.
- Oversee the maintenance and safety of all vehicles, including lift vans, ADA accessible mini buses, and ambulatory vehicles.
- Provide training and instructions to staff, participants and caregivers/families in areas of transportation and safe transfer on and off the vehicles.
- Respond to any incidents according to training and policies and procedures.
- Support the intake and enrollment process to ensure prospective participants move through the enrollment process in a timely and effective manner.
- Remain alert to pertinent input from other team members, participants, and caregivers and update the IDT promptly of any changes in participants’ condition or psychosocial status.
- Complete and submit all required documentation in a timely and accurate manner, including transportation logs, fuel cards, vehicle maintenance and mileage records
- Protect privacy and maintain confidentiality of all company procedures and information about employees, participants and families.
- Follow PACE policies and procedures and participate in any required Quality Improvement activities, staff training and meetings.
Why you’ll love working at WelbeHealth:
- You’ll play a critical role in bringing the ground-breaking PACE model of care to scale, providing much needed services to a vulnerable population.
- You’ll be joining a company that combines the best of mission-driven orientation with innovation, with the opportunity to help shape our programs and processes as we grow.
- You’ll be surrounded by capable colleagues who care deeply about their work and are greater than the sum of our parts.
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent experience.
- Be 21 years of age and possess a valid California Drivers License with proof of auto insurance.
- Accident-free driving record with no moving violations within the last 3 years.
- At least 4 years’ experience working in a transportation setting.
- At least 1 year of experience with a frail or elderly population.
- Two years’ supervisory experience in a supervisory role with demonstrated ability to mentor and develop team members.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience using computer systems for tracking transportation services referred.
- Ability to process accurate information in a timely manner.
- Excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills in settings with seniors, their families and interdisciplinary team members.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds.
We believe that unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors requires a diverse team with a variety of perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard for race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.