At WelbeHealth, our vision is a world where every human being participates in our culture through their final days. To make this vision a reality, we provide integrated medical and social services to our most vulnerable seniors, helping to unlock their full potential. We are looking for team members who are energized by working in diverse teams toward our shared purpose, who are eager to drive groundbreaking innovation, and who will interact with those we serve and those who serve them in a spirit of understanding and compassion.
We are launching a PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) program in Stockton, CA. The PACE program serves as our patients’ health insurer and directly provides comprehensive primary care and social services to keep them living safely in the community. Reporting to the Clinical Services Director, the Medical Scheduler is responsible for scheduling medical appointments for participants in the home.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Scheduling home care appointments for PACE home care staff.
- Documenting encounters in the EMR, monitoring appointment attendance, and informing participants and team appropriately.
- Ordering of medical supplies and managing care logs
- Scheduling supervisory visits
- Home care, community based hospitalization and skilled nursing authorizations
- Resolving scheduling conflicts for participant’s appointments and rescheduling appointments as necessary.
- Informing participants and/or family of appointments.
- Communicating with IDT to coordinate scheduled appointments.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required. Graduation from a 2-year associate degree program in medical assistance accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES), preferred.
- Two years’ experience as a Medical Assistant or Medical Scheduler in a physician office or medical clinic, under the supervision of a medical provider, with at least 1 year of experience working with a frail or elderly population.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) / First Aid / CPR Certification preferred.
- Ability to process accurate information in a timely manner.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to follow directions from supervisor and communicate needs effectively.
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
We believe that unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors requires a diverse team with a variety of perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard for race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.