At WelbeHealth, our vision is a world where every human being participates in our culture through their final days. To make this vision a reality, we provide integrated medical and social services to our most vulnerable seniors, helping to unlock their full potential. We are looking for team members who are energized by working in diverse teams toward our shared purpose, who are eager to drive groundbreaking innovation, and who will interact with those we serve and those who serve them in a spirit of understanding and compassion.
We operate a PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) program in Stockton, CA. The PACE program serves as our patients’ health insurer and directly provides comprehensive primary care and social services to keep them living safely in the community. Reporting to the Clinical Services Director, the Physical Therapist will be responsible for coordinating and providing restorative and rehabilitative Physical Therapy services to participants at the Center and at home.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Conducting Physical Therapy assessments in our facility and in the home to determine the Physical Therapy care needs, preferences and goals of the participants and actively participate in IDT meetings to develop participant care plans.
- Delivering and document Physical Therapy interventions in accordance with physician orders and/or as agreed upon in the participants’ care plans including but not limited to providing active and passive exercise, muscle re-education, gait and functional training of ADLs; treatments such as massage, heat, sound, water light or electricity.
- Supervising the Therapy Assistants, including providing training, instruction and guidance needed to implement Functional Maintenance Programs (FMP).
- Providing training and instructions to staff, participants and caregivers/families in the use and care of therapeutic equipment.
- Ordering, tracking and managing maintenance for equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Why you’ll love working at WelbeHealth:
- As an early employee of our program, you will have the ability to help shape our processes
- PACE is a truly special model that allows practitioners to provide care in in a compassionate and relationship-focused way. You’ll be a part of bringing this exciting program to seniors in the San Joaquin and Stanislaus communities
- You’ll be surrounded by capable colleagues who care deeply about their work and are greater than the sum of our parts
- Valid Physical Therapy license in the state of California, or proof of license eligibility
- Master’s degree in Physical Therapy, a Physical Therapy related field in addition to a bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy, or Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy plus 5 years of progressively responsible PT experience
- Minimum of two years Physical Therapy experience in a clinical setting with a frail or elderly population.
- Physical Therapy knowledge and skills necessary to treat frail, elderly participants with complex needs.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, able to execute tasks in a quickly changing environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Excellent clinical, organizational and communication skills in settings with seniors, their families and interdisciplinary team members.
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors
We believe that unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors requires a diverse team with a variety of perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard for race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.