At WelbeHealth, our purpose is to unlock the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors. We do this by providing them with integrated medical and social services. We are looking for team members who have a pioneering spirit, the courage to love, and will bring diverse perspectives around our shared intention and mission.
We operate a PACE program (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly) in Pasadena, CA, serving the Pasadena, Glendale and Burbank communities. PACE is an integrated health care model providing full medical and social support services to frail, elderly participants. Reporting directly to the Outreach and Enrollment Director, the Enrollment RN is responsible for completing home assessments and required documentation on prospective enrollees and facilitating the enrollment process in a high growth atmosphere.
What you'll do:
- Conduct comprehensive nursing assessments and in-home evaluations on prospective enrollees
- Complete level of care documentation and submit for the state (DHCS) review initially and as required annually
- Present prospective enrollee cases to the Interdisciplinary Team as needed
- In coordination with the Interdisciplinary Team, develop a Plan of Care based on nursing process that incorporates immediate and continuing care needs and includes the participant and family perspectives
- Prepare and oversee the semi-annual level of care on-site audit in coordination with other Interdisciplinary Team members
- Administes and complete the TB testing process for all prospective enrollees
- Educate the participant, family members and/or caregiver regarding the disease process, self-care techniques, and prevention strategies
- Provide community resources and referrals as necessary prior to enrollment
- As needed in the clinic, provide direct care that includes drawing lab orders, blood sugar checks, wound care, and/or identified follow-up needed
- Identify emergency situations and take appropriate action, including coordinating emergency services from home as appropriate
Why you'll love working at WelbeHealth:
- As an early employee of our program, you will have the ability to help shape our processes and have ample opportunity for growth.
- PACE is a truly special model that allows practitioners to provide care in in a compassionate and relationship-focused way. You’ll be a part of bringing this exciting program to seniors in the Long Beach area.
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop creative solutions for participants and to practice “person-centered care,” empowering and helping our participants meet their goals.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- RN currently licensed by the California Board of Registered Nursing
- At least two years nursing employment with experience in home health setting and/or conducting home visits with the geriatric population
- Comfort with completing assessments routinely in the participants’ residence
- Ability to work well both independently and within an Interdisciplinary Team
- Highly motivated, self-directed, able to execute tasks in a quickly changing environment
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and first aid certification preferred
- Strong customer service, enterprising, growth-minded orientation
- Deep commitment to unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors
We believe that unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors requires a diverse team with a variety of perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard for race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.