At WelbeHealth, our purpose is to unlock the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors. We do this by providing them with integrated medical and social services. We are looking for team members who have a pioneering spirit, the courage to love, and will bring diverse perspectives around our shared intention and mission.
We operate a PACE Program (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly) in Pasadena, California. PACE is an integrated health care model providing full medical and social support services to frail, elderly participants. Reporting to the Clinical Services Director, the Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting the medical staff (providers and nurses) in the provision of safe and efficient delivery of medical services at the PACE clinic.
What You'll Do:
- Assist Pacific PACE medical staff to address the participants’ needs in the PACE clinic as follows:
- Prepare the participants for their appointments, including but not limited to setting up exam rooms, checking participants in and out, obtaining accurate history of present illness, etc.
- Perform required pre-exam physical tests, i.e., measuring and documenting participants’ vital signs as ordered by a physician and assist the physician during the examination as appropriate
- Perform general medical procedures, i.e. dressing changes and suture removal as directed, and under specific authorization and supervision of a physician, as long as the training requirements are met according to state law
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens as ordered and perform routine sterilization procedures of medical and dental equipment according to guidelines
- Schedule participants for medical appointments with providers inside the PACE clinic as well as outside specialty offices, document encounters in the EMR, monitor appointment attendance, and inform participants and team appropriately
- Answer the PACE clinic telephone and address participant and provider issues, relating urgent matters to the Clinical Services Director or RN
- Triage and address as directed, unscheduled requests for physician visits in the PACE clinic.
- Assist with ordering medical supplies.
- Assist with equipment maintenance and sterilization
- Remain alert and update the supervisor or any member of the IDT promptly of any changes in participants’ condition.
Why You'll Love Working at WelbeHealth:
- Our Medical Assistants are the face of our clinic and have lots of autonomy to take initiative and impact our participants.
- As an early employee of our program, you will have the ability to help shape our processes and have ample opportunity for growth.
- PACE is a truly special model that allows practitioners to provide care in in a compassionate and relationship-focused way. You’ll be a part of bringing this exciting program to seniors in the Pasadena, Burbank, and Glendale communities.
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop creative solutions for participants and to practice “person-centered care,” empowering and helping our participants meet their goals.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required. Graduation from a 2-year associate degree program in medical assistance accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES), preferred.
- Two years’ experience as a Medical Assistant in a physician office or medical clinic, under the supervision of a medical provider
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) / First Aid / CPR Certification required
- At least 2 years of experience working with a frail or elderly population
- Ability to process accurate information in a timely manner.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to follow directions from supervisor and communicate needs effectively.
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Commitment to unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
We believe that unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors requires a diverse team with a variety of perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard for race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.