At WelbeHealth, our vision is a world where every human being participates in our culture through their final days. To make this vision a reality, we provide integrated medical and social services to our most vulnerable seniors, helping to unlock their full potential. We are looking for team members who are energized by working in diverse teams toward our shared purpose, who are eager to drive groundbreaking innovation, and who will interact with those we serve and those who serve them in a spirit of understanding and compassion.
We operate and are launching Programs of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) throughout California. PACE is an integrated health care model providing full medical and social support services to frail, elderly participants. This role reports directly to our corporate Accounting Manager.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare and monitor all monthly billing and collection processes working with corporate Accounting Manager, CFO, and Patient Enrollment teams.
- Oversee cash controls including implementing and monitoring controls over petty cash.
- Monitor and oversee the processing of accounts payable.
- Ensure appropriate assignment of departmental expenses and supporting documentation is executed and maintained.
- Coordinate the processing of payroll and employee benefits; and the payment of insurance, real estate taxes and related reporting requirements.
- Work daily with members of the clinical and interdisciplinary teams to help document patient care.
- Partner with CFO to report monthly to market directors on key operation metrics.
- Prepare and enter journal entries and maintains appropriate sub schedules for Balance Sheet accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual financial budget, annual audit schedules, tax reports, and any state-required reports.
- Oversee payroll and Team Member paperwork including new hire and Change forms.
- Other duties as assigned.
Why you’ll love working at WelbeHealth:
- You’ll play a critical role in bringing the ground-breaking PACE model of care to our markets, providing much needed services to vulnerable and underserved populations
- You’ll be joining a company that combines the best of mission-driven orientation with start-up innovation, with the opportunity to help shape our programs and processes as we grow
- You’ll be surrounded by capable colleagues who care deeply about their work and team up to create a whole that is greater than the sum of our parts
- Exceptionally detail oriented
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field
- Proficiency in accounting and ability to use computer automated accounting systems (QBO).
- Experience working with all types of third party payers. (HMO, PPO, Medicare/Medicaid, etc.)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates accountability, integrity, professionalism, openness, receptive to change, creativity and innovative.
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
We believe that unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors requires a diverse team with a variety of perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard for race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.