At WelbeHealth, our vision is a world where every human being participates in our culture through their final days. To make this vision a reality, we provide integrated medical and social services to our most vulnerable seniors, helping to unlock their full potential. We are looking for team members who are energized by working in diverse teams toward our shared purpose, who are eager to drive groundbreaking innovation, and who will interact with those we serve and those who serve them in a spirit of understanding and compassion.
We operate a PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) program in Stockton, CA serving the San Joaquin and Stanislaus communities. The PACE program serves as our patients’ health insurer and directly provides comprehensive primary care and social services to keep them living safely in the community. Reporting to the Training & Development Director, the training specialist will lead our employee development initiatives and design creative training and education programs according to specific needs of the PACE program.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Conduct ongoing organization-wide training needs assessment for WelbeHealth staff identifying skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed
- Collaborate with WelbeHealth managers to identify growth opportunities and educational needs for staff
- Identify and respond to the learning needs of individuals
- Design curriculum to effectively meet needs of WelbeHealth staff and PACE programs incorporating evidence-based research into educational plans
- Select known, appropriate and current principles and training methods (e.g. role play, mentoring, on-the-job training, professional development classes)
- Deliver engaging and inspiring training WelbeHealth staff
- Provide onboarding training for newly hired as required
- Monitor the effectiveness of the training program adapting to continuously improve.
- Host train-the-trainer sessions for internal subject matter experts
- Provide support to supervisors with competency testing as needed
- Ensure annual compliance for education modules assigned to staff are completed on time
- Collaborate closely with the T&D team and clinical supervisors across the organization including researching and recommending new training methods to the Training and Development Team
- Complete all required documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Protect privacy and maintain confidentiality of all company procedures and information about employees, participants and families.
- Follow WelbeHealth policies and procedures and participate in any required Quality Improvement activities, staff training and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
Why you’ll love working at WelbeHealth:
- You’ll have the opportunity to help build a high performing training function that helps define the role of training in the PACE industry
- You’ll be joining a company that combines the best of mission-driven orientation with Silicon Valley innovation, with the opportunity to help shape our programs and processes as we grow
- You’ll be surrounded by capable colleagues who care deeply about their work and are greater than the sum of our parts
- Bachelor’s degree in education, training, HR or related field
- 1-2 years’ work experience as a training specialist or similar role
- Previous experience developing and delivering training to staff
- Experience with PACE, Home Health or Hospice programs preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to manage multiple projects with high attention to detail
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Computer literacy skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to travel within California to other WelbeHealth PACE locations
We believe that unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors requires a diverse team with a variety of perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard for race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.