At WelbeHealth, our vision is a world where every human being participates in our culture through their final days. To make this vision a reality, we provide integrated medical and social services to our most vulnerable seniors, helping to unlock their full potential. We are looking for team members who are energized by working in diverse teams toward our shared purpose, who are eager to drive groundbreaking innovation, and who will interact with those we serve and those who serve them in a spirit of understanding and compassion.
Our PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) program in Pasadena, CA serves as our patients’ health insurer and directly provides comprehensive primary care and social services to help them continue to live in the community. Reporting to the Clinical Services Director, the Licensed Vocational Nurse will provide on-call telephonic and/or in-person personal care services to participants as needed during nighttime hours. Competitive annual compensation guaranteed.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Answering phone calls from our participants during weekday nighttime hours (4:30pm-8am), weekends, and holidays on scheduled shifts
- Using empathic listening and conversation skills to help work through participants’ concerns
- Acting as a representative of Pacific PACE to help local older adults stay living safely in their homes and community as per their wishes
- Escalating cases to other members of the care team, including registered nurses and providers when needed
- If necessary, visiting participant homes to provide nursing treatments such as assistance with falls, wound care, or medication management
- Acting as the eyes and ears for the physician, communicating on the phone/video with a registered nurse or provider as needed
- Coordinating afterhours services including transportation, medication delivery and emergency room/hospital discharge planning
- Relaying any participant information and documentation to daytime care team in a timely and accurate manner
- Protecting privacy and maintain confidentiality of all company procedures and information about employees, participants and families
- Current California Vocational Nurse License
- Experience with medication management, wound care, and transitions of care coordination preferred
- Willingness and ability to communicate by telephone and conduct home visits during after hours
- Access to a reliable automobile with valid driver’s license and minimum state required liability auto insurance preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) / First Aid Certification preferred
- Bilingual language skills a plus
- Ability to process accurate information in a timely manner
- Ability to follow directions from physician and/or RN and communicate needs effectively
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors
We believe that unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors requires a diverse team with a variety of perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard for race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.