At WelbeHealth, our vision is a world where every human being participates in our culture through their final days. To make this vision a reality, we provide integrated medical and social services to our most vulnerable seniors, helping to unlock their full potential. We are looking for team members who are energized by working in diverse teams toward our shared purpose, who are eager to drive groundbreaking innovation, and who will interact with those we serve and those who serve them in a spirit of understanding and compassion.
We are launching a PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) program in Pasadena, CA. The PACE program serves as our patients’ health insurer and directly provides comprehensive primary care and social services to keep them living safely in the community. Reporting to the Center Director, the Personal Care Assistant (CNA) will provide safe delivery of personal care services to participants at the Pacific PACE day center, as directed.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Providing personal care and assistance with ADLs (activities of daily living) to Pacific PACE participants, including but not limited to escorting, toileting, bathing, dressing, grooming, assisting with meals, laundry, etc.
- Measuring and documenting participants’ vital signs as instructed.
- Assisting participants with boarding and exiting from PACE transportation vehicles and acting as medical escort when instructed.
- Observing activity on the day center floor to assure participant safety.
- Assisting with meal service, ensuring participants receive the correct meals and providing support with feeding when indicated.
- Maintaining personal care supplies such as incontinence supplies and personal grooming items.
- Providing translation services as needed, if qualified.
- Assisting Engagement team and Home Care team as needed.
- Cleaning participant areas in the day center between meals and activities.
- Remaining alert and updating the supervisor or any member of the IDT promptly of any changes in participants’ condition.
- Completing all required documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Protecting privacy and maintain confidentiality of all company procedures and information about employees, participants and families.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent required, certification of Home Health Aide (HHA) or Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) / First Aid Certification required.
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish, Armenian, Cantonese, Tagalog, Mandarin)
- At least 1 year of experience providing personal care to a frail or elderly population
- Ability to process accurate information in a timely manner.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to follow directions from supervisor and communicate needs effectively
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
We believe that unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors requires a diverse team with a variety of perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard for race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.