At WelbeHealth, our vision is a world where every human being participates in our culture through their final days. To make this vision a reality, we provide integrated medical and social services to our most vulnerable seniors, helping to unlock their full potential. We are looking for team members who are energized by working in diverse teams toward our shared purpose, who are eager to drive groundbreaking innovation, and who will interact with those we serve and those who serve them in a spirit of understanding and compassion.
We are launching a PACE (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly) program in Pasadena, CA serving the Pasadena, Glendale and Burbank communities. This program will provide comprehensive primary care and social services for frail seniors to keep them living safely in the community. In addition, we serve as our patients’ health insurer to meet all of their healthcare needs. In our program, PACE Physicians work collaboratively with a highly skilled interdisciplinary team. As an integrated delivery system with small patient panels, Physicians have ample time to engage with patients and are free from misaligned incentives of fee-for-service. This part-time PACE Physician role provides back-up coverage to our full-time Physician in an after-hours and phone-in basis and reports to the Pacific PACE Executive Director.
- Be available for after-hours calls 2 weeks per month (flexibility at start to ramp up) to support clinical and disposition decision making in coordination with the extended interdisciplinary care team that may include nurse practitioners and nurses
- Provide on-site or phone call coverage of ~1 hour Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) meetings 20-25 times per year to cover our primary PACE Physician vacation and CME time - includes communicating participant changes, collaborating on care planning decisions and coordinating 24-hour care delivery
- Be available to follow up in person or house call on rare occasions in call situations
- Use our electronic medical record to review participant information, document call encounters, and make orders
- Collaborate with network providers and IDT to ensure effective care coordination, particularly around hospital discharge, short-term and long-term placement
- Commitment to our purpose of helping vulnerable seniors reach their full potential
- Creative and enthusiastic commitment to the “triple aim” – dedication to improving experience, health, and value for PACE participants
- Ability to build strong working relationships with other providers and care team
- Excellent clinical, organizational, and communication skills in settings with frail, elderly participants, their families, and the IDT
- Current knowledge of chronic care/geriatric issues and best practices
- Active California physician license without restrictions
- Specialty in Geriatrics (preferred), Internal Medicine, or Family Practice
We believe that unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors requires a diverse team with a variety of perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard for race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.