At WelbeHealth, our vision is a world where every human being participates in our culture through their final days. To make this vision a reality, we provide integrated medical and social services to our most vulnerable seniors, helping to unlock their full potential. We are looking for team members who are energized by working in diverse teams toward our shared purpose, who are eager to drive groundbreaking innovation, and who will interact with those we serve and those who serve them in a spirit of understanding and compassion.
We are launching a PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) program in Pasadena, CA serving Pasadena, Glendale and Burbank. The PACE program serves as our patients’ health insurer and directly provides comprehensive primary care and social services to keep them living safely in the community. Reporting to the Clinical Services Director, the Occupational Therapist will be responsible for coordinating and providing restorative and rehabilitative Occupational Therapy services to participants at the Center and at home.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Conducting Occupational Therapy assessments in our facility and in the home to determine the Occupational Therapy care needs, preferences and goals of the participants and actively participate in IDT meetings to develop participant care plans.
- Delivering and document Occupational Therapy interventions in accordance with physician orders and/or as agreed upon in the participants’ care plans including but not limited to the use of devices, techniques and activities to promote muscle re-education, perceptual-motor and cognitive function, balance, endurance and other factors affecting the level of independence in performing ADLs.
- Providing training and instructions to staff, participants and caregivers/families in areas of Occupational Therapy in which they may work with participants.
- Ordering, tracking and managing maintenance for equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Why you’ll love working at WelbeHealth:
- As an early employee of our program, you will have the ability to help shape our processes.
- PACE is a truly special model that allows practitioners to provide care in in a compassionate and relationship-focused way. You’ll be a part of bringing this exciting program to seniors in the Pasadena, Glendale and Burbank communities.
- You’ll be surrounded by capable colleagues who care deeply about their work and are greater than the sum of our parts.
- Graduate of an occupational therapy curriculum accredited by AOTA and ACOTE standards
- Initial registration from National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy.
- Licensed and/or eligible for licensure as required in the state of California .
- Minimum of two years Occupational Therapy experience in a clinical setting with a frail or elderly population.
- Occupational Therapy knowledge and skills necessary to treat frail, elderly participants with complex needs
- Highly motivated, team player, self-directed, able to execute tasks in a quickly changing environment
- Current driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification /First Aid required.
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors
We believe that unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors requires a diverse team with a variety of perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard for race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.