At WelbeHealth, our vision is a world where every human being participates in our culture through their final days. To make this vision a reality, we provide integrated medical and social services to our most vulnerable seniors, helping to unlock their full potential. We are looking for team members who are energized by working in diverse teams toward our shared purpose, who are eager to drive groundbreaking innovation, and who will interact with those we serve and those who serve them in a spirit of understanding and compassion.
We are launching a PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) program in Pasadena, CA, serving the Pasadena, Burbank and Glendale communities. The PACE program serves as our patients’ health insurer and directly provides comprehensive primary care and social services to keep them living safely in the community. Reporting to the Center Director, the Registered Dietitian will develop and implement the Pacific PACE nutrition services program working in close collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT).
You’ll be responsible for:
- Conducting Nutrition assessments to determine the nutrition needs, preferences and goals of the participants and actively participate in IDT meetings to develop participant care plans.
- Delivering and documenting direct care Nutrition interventions in accordance with physician orders and/or as agreed upon in the participants’ care plans including but not limited to implementing and monitoring special diets and meal intake and providing nutrition counseling to participants and families.
- Overseeing the menu planning and meal delivery program to ensure that all safety and regulatory requirements are met and participants receive the correct special diets.
- Overseeing the coordination of supplements as ordered.
- Providing staff training to day center staff on the meal delivery program as needed.
- Managing the Nutrition staff including staff including hiring, training, supervising and mentoring.
- Working with the PACE Physician and other members of the IDT to support smooth care transitions between settings (e.g. hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, home, etc.).
- Supporting the intake and enrollment process to ensure prospective participants move through the enrollment process in a timely and effective manner.
- Remaining alert to pertinent input from other team members, participants, and caregivers and updating the IDT promptly of any changes in participants’ condition or psychosocial status.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Registered Dietitian with at least 4 years’ experience managing nutrition services in a similar setting.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) / First Aid Certification required.
- Current driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop team members.
- Ability to process accurate information in a timely manner.
- Excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills in settings with
seniors, their families and interdisciplinary team members.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- At least 1 year of experience with a frail or elderly population.
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
We believe that unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors requires a diverse team with a variety of perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard for race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.