At WelbeHealth, our purpose is to unlock the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors. We do this by providing them with integrated medical and social services. We are looking for team members who have a pioneering spirit, the courage to love, and will bring diverse perspectives around our shared intention and mission.
We are launching a Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) serving Pasadena, Burbank and Glendale, California. PACE is an integrated health care model providing full medical and social support services to frail, elderly participants. Reporting to the Center Director, the Activities Coordinator is responsible for developing, coordinating and supervising the Pacific PACE Engagement (Activities) Program, including developing individualized activity plans designed to meet the needs of Pacific PACE participants for social and therapeutic recreational activities.
- Conduct Engagement (Activities) assessments to determine the social and therapeutic needs, preferences and goals of the participants and actively participate in IDT meetings to develop participant care plans.
- Develop a comprehensive, innovative and appropriate Engagement Program including but not limited to individual and group activities as well as outings that meets the diverse needs of Pacific PACE participants.
- Implement and supervise all activities of the Pacific PACE Engagement Program, monitoring for enjoyment, appropriateness and safety.
- Develop and post a monthly calendar of the Engagement schedule of activities.
- Cultivate and maintain effective relationships with outside organizations such as adult education programs and other state, county or private resources that can offer support to the Pacific PACE Engagement Program.
- Provide training and instructions to staff, participants and caregivers/families as appropriate.
- Manage department budget.
- Remain alert to pertinent input from other team members, participants, and caregivers and update the IDT promptly of any changes in participants’ condition or functional status.
- In coordination with the Intake Team, support enrollment of prospective participants into the program.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, Master’s degree in Recreation Therapy preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- 2 years' experience in a social recreational or educational program with at least 1 year working with a frail or elderly population.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement a stimulating and appropriate engagement program for seniors utilizing multiple therapeutic modalities.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, able to execute tasks in a quickly changing environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills in settings with seniors, their families and interdisciplinary team members.
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds.