At WelbeHealth, our vision is a world where every human being participates in our culture through their final days. To make this vision a reality, we provide integrated medical and social services to our most vulnerable seniors, helping to unlock their full potential. We are looking for team members who are energized by working in diverse teams toward our shared purpose, who are eager to drive groundbreaking innovation, and who will interact with those we serve and those who serve them in a spirit of understanding and compassion.
We operate and are launching Programs of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) throughout California. PACE is an integrated health care model providing full medical and social support services to frail, elderly participants. Working with the CFO and reporting to our Accounting Manager, the Finance & Accounting Analyst will be a critical founding member of our finance team.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Creating monthly reporting package for CEO and CFO review
- Supporting the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close processes
- Compiling and analyzing financial information to prepare journal entries in accordance with US GAAP and regulatory requirements
- Perform month-end general ledger account reconciliations; investigate and resolve variances in general ledger accounts
- Working across departments to understand and report business and accounting repercussions of complex transactions
- Assisting with audits, including preparing work papers for the auditors and analyzing data. Collaborate with internal team and external auditors to ensure successful audit results
- Managing expense and vendor payment processes
- Assisting with technical accounting: stock compensation, consolidation, lease accounting, revenue recognition
- Protecting privacy and maintaining confidentiality of all company procedures and information about employees, participants and families
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree and 1-3 years of experience.
- CPA and/or Big 4 Accounting preferred
- Desire to work with a startup and grow with an organization
- Ability to process accurate information in a timely manner
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors
We believe that unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors requires a diverse team with a variety of perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard for race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.