At WelbeHealth, our vision is a world where every human being participates in our culture through their final days. To make this vision a reality, we provide integrated medical and social services to our most vulnerable seniors, helping to unlock their full potential. We are looking for team members who are energized by working in diverse teams toward our shared purpose, who are eager to drive groundbreaking innovation, and who will interact with those we serve and those who serve them in a spirit of understanding and compassion.
We operate a PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) program in Stockton, CA, serving the San Joaquin and Stanislaus communities. The PACE program serves as our patients’ health insurer and directly provides comprehensive primary care and social services to keep them living safely in the community. Reporting to the Medical Director, the Nurse Practitioner will provide assessment, planning, primary care and continuous medical coverage to PACE participants under the supervision of the Medical Director and in collaboration with PACE Physicians.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Providing primary care and acute illness evaluation and treatment for participants in collaboration with PACE Physicians and Community-Based PACE Physicians.
- In collaboration with a physician, performing in-person comprehensive assessments (initial, semi-annual and unscheduled) on participants and coordinatng with the IDT to develop a comprehensive care plan for each participant.
- Collaborating with physician(s) and interdisciplinary team (IDT) in discharge planning from acute or long term care settings
- In consultation with the PACE Physicians, referring participants to medical specialists as indicated and managing care of participants in the nursing home, making regular visits as dictated by Stockton PACE standards and participant need.
- Being an active member of the IDT communicating participant changes, collaborating on care planning decisions and coordinating 24-hour care delivery.
- Working collaboratively with PACE Physicians, Community-Based PACE Physicians and other members of the IDT to ensure effective care coordination.
- Participating in rotating night and weekend call
- At the direction of the Medical Director, reviewing outcomes and utilization data, including review of necessity of hospitalizations and use of specialists; establishing best practices with the Medical Director, and collaborating with clinical staff, PACE Physicians, Community-Based PACE Physicians and IDT to make policy and procedural improvements to reduce unnecessary utilization and improve participant health.
- Protecting privacy and maintaining confidentiality of all company procedures and information about employees, participants and families.
- Following Stockton PACE policies and procedures and participate in any required QI activities, staff training and meetings.
- Maintaining professional licensure and certifications.
- Acting only within the scope of practice.
Why you’ll love working at WelbeHealth:
- You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside a team to create meaningful change and to provide care for patients in the way you feel is best
- With a small patient caseload, you’ll have ample time to focus on building relationships
- You’ll be joining a growing organization with a bold mission that gives you the opportunity to help shape our programs and processes as we grow
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with an RN State License.
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner with prescriptive authority.
- Working knowledge of PACE regulations a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years working with the frail or elderly.
- Creative and enthusiastic commitment to the “triple aim” – dedication to improving experience, health, and value for PACE participants.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with other providers and care team.
- Excellent clinical, organizational, and communication skills in settings with frail, elderly participants, their families, and the IDT.
- Current knowledge of chronic care/geriatric issues and best practices.
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
We believe that unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors requires a diverse team with a variety of perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard for race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.