At WelbeHealth, our vision is a world where every human being participates in our culture through their final days. To make this vision a reality, we provide integrated medical and social services to our most vulnerable seniors, helping to unlock their full potential. We are looking for team members who are energized by working in diverse teams toward our shared purpose, who are eager to drive groundbreaking innovation, and who will interact with those we serve and those who serve them in a spirit of understanding and compassion.
We are launching a PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) program in Fresno, CA. The PACE program serves as our patients’ health insurer and directly provides comprehensive primary care and social services to keep them living safely in the community. Reporting to the Executive Director, the PACE Physician will be at the center of an interdisciplinary team providing this care. PACE is an ideal job for a clinician, as it allows you to spend ample time engaging with and truly caring for patients without having to deal with the mis-aligned incentives of fee-for-service.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Provide primary care and acute illness evaluation and treatment for a panel of approximately 150 participants
- Perform comprehensive assessments for participants and coordinate with the interdisciplinary team (IDT) to develop a comprehensive care plan for each participant
- Be an active member of the IDT communicating participant changes, collaborating on care planning decisions and coordinating 24-hour care delivery
- Work collaboratively with network providers and other members of the IDT to ensure effective care coordination, particularly around hospital discharge, short-term and long-term placement
- Provide direction and support to Nurse Practitioners
- Oversee and manage participant’s use of medical specialist and inpatient care
- Participate in rotating night and weekend call
- Manage all care of participants in the nursing home providing regular visits as dictated by PACE standards and participants’ needs
- Review outcomes and utilization data, including adverse events, hospitalizations, and use of specialists and collaboration with IDT to identify opportunities for improved care and operations
Why you’ll love working at WelbeHealth:
- You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside a team to create meaningful change and to provide care for patients in the way you feel is best
- With a small patient caseload, you’ll have ample time to focus on building relationships
- You’ll be joining a growing organization with a bold mission that gives you the opportunity to help shape our programs and processes as we grow
- Strong commitment to our purpose of helping vulnerable seniors reach their full potential
- Creative and enthusiastic commitment to the “triple aim” – dedication to improving experience, health, and value for PACE participants
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with other providers and care team
- Excellent clinical, organizational, and communication skills in settings with frail, elderly participants, their families, and the IDT
- Current knowledge of chronic care/geriatric issues and best practices
- Active California physician license without restrictions
- Specialty in Geriatrics (preferred), Internal Medicine, or Family Practice
We believe that unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors requires a diverse team with a variety of perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard for race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.