Weiss Asset Management (WAM), a Boston-based asset manager, is seeking a Receptionist who will assist in all areas of the in-office experience. The Receptionist will be the first impression of the company for external visitors through answering all incoming phone call and managing our external meeting experience. They will also be responsible for managing a variety of in-office benefits and assisting the rest of the Office Management team in improving employee efficiency and morale. A successful candidate will be capable of managing projects independently, have strong verbal and written communication skills, and maintain a professional manner in a variety of situations. Candidates from all academic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Manage meeting processes with scheduling, setup and breakdown, and guest experience
- Greet and assist all external guests who come into the office
- Execute plans for in-office benefits including catering and other food programs, annual flu shots, haircuts, gym classes, and more
- Answer and direct all external phone calls
- Book travel arrangements for employees
- Assist with various recognition initiatives such as employee and counterparty gifting, employee recognition awards, and other company celebrations
- Collect and sort all incoming mail and assist employees with outbound mail requests
- Collaborate on company events including one-off experiences and annual events
About the Company:
Weiss Asset Management is a Boston-based investment firm whose hedge funds and institutional accounts invest approximately $2.7 billion globally. For 30 years, WAM has developed proprietary value-based strategies designed to deliver top-tier returns to its investors, which include charitable foundations, pension plans, endowments, hospitals, government entities and private investors. Our collaborative culture and our analytically rigorous approach to problem solving foster cutting-edge research.
Above all else, we value integrity, uncompromising rationality, creativity and entrepreneurship, and continuous learning and improvement. Our team of over 80 individuals is the engine of our success and we welcome truly exceptional candidates from all backgrounds.
WAM is a fit for you if:
- You enjoy a collaborative environment, where decisions are made in diverse teams. At WAM, all employees can expect to work directly with members of other departments representing a range of backgrounds.
- You work well in a flat structure and are comfortable voicing dissenting opinion. Talent and work ethic will dictate what you can achieve at WAM, as evidenced by the fact that our co-president and the majority of our managing directors began their careers here as interns.
- You are driven to constantly learn, improve, and make rational decisions based in fact and data, and you welcome receiving feedback as well as sharing knowledge with others.
- You prioritize acting ethically in all situations.
WAM is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.