Weiss Asset Management (WAM), a Boston-based asset manager, is seeking a People Operations Associate to join our People Operations team. The Associate will be responsible for helping build teams across the organization, with a particular focus on administering our internship program, organizing and participating in campus recruiting events, and improving branding. A successful candidate will be highly organized and attentive to detail, eager to learn from feedback and experience, and capable of executing projects independently. He or she will also enjoy public speaking and relationship management, be a rational decision maker, and have strong verbal and written communication skills.
The ideal candidate has at least one year of full time professional experience and is excited by the opportunity to shape a growing organization through talent acquisition. While this is an entry level position, a top Associate will have opportunities to improve our processes and grow in relationship management and strategic thinking in organizational design.
- Manage searches across departments, including writing job descriptions, sourcing candidates, liaising with recruiters, screening resumes, performing phone screens, and managing interviews
- Manage our investment analyst internship program, which is the primary staffing pipeline for our investment team, including gathering feedback and designing educational and social enrichment programs
- Plan and present at campus recruiting presentations, including career fairs, information sessions, and coffee chats
- Help build WAM’s brand through projects like website overhaul, social media management, and logo redesign
- Research best practices in recruiting and actively seek to improve our current processes
- Over time, work with departmental leaders to understand their needs, goals, and day-to-day processes and proactively seek staffing solutions
About the Company:
For 30 years, Weiss Asset Management has developed proprietary value-based investment strategies designed to deliver high risk-adjusted returns to our investors, who include charitable foundations, pension plans, endowments, hospitals, government entities and private investors. We manage approximately $2.7 billion across hedge funds and institutional accounts. We work collaboratively to solve problems, and to identify undervalued assets through deep fundamental research, statistical analysis and an analytically rigorous approach to decision making. Above all else, we value integrity, uncompromising rationality, creativity and entrepreneurship, and continuous learning and improvement.
Our team of over 80 individuals is the engine of our success and we welcome truly exceptional candidates from all backgrounds.
WAM is a fit for you if:
- You enjoy a collaborative environment, where decisions are made in diverse teams. At WAM, all employees can expect to work directly with members of other departments representing a range of backgrounds.
- You work well in a flat structure and are comfortable voicing dissenting opinion. Talent and work ethic will dictate what you can achieve at WAM, as evidenced by the fact that our co-president and the majority of our managing directors began their careers here as interns.
- You are driven to constantly learn, improve, and make rational decisions based in fact and data, and you welcome receiving feedback as well as sharing knowledge with others.
- You prioritize acting ethically in all situations.
WAM is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.