Weiss Asset Management (WAM), a Boston based asset manager, is seeking a People Operations Manager who will become a leader on our dynamic Office Management (OM) team. The Manager will be responsible for actively improving the employee in-office experience to improve employee efficiency and morale. This person will develop new firm programs and initiatives, while also helping to build out a larger OM team. A successful candidate will be highly organized, pay extreme attention to detail, and have strong verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate has 5-10 years of previous experience in office management, people operations, or as an executive assistant.
- Organize in-office benefits including catering and other food programs, annual flu shots, haircuts, gym classes, and more
- Coordinate various recognition and morale initiatives such as employee and counterparty gifting, employee recognition awards, and other company celebrations
- Oversee planning of events including one-off experiences and annual events (ski trip, holiday party, etc.)
- Manage members of OM team by training new hires, advising existing and new employees, and ensuring team development
- Supervise all aspects of the office physical plant, including but not limited to office capacity planning, construction projects, HVAC upkeep, routine office maintenance and cleaning
- Maintain relationships with external vendors and assist in contract negotiations with servicers
About the Company:
For 30 years, Weiss Asset Management has developed proprietary value-based investment strategies designed to deliver high risk-adjusted returns to our investors, who include charitable foundations, pension plans, endowments, hospitals, government entities and private investors. We manage approximately $2.7 billion across hedge funds and institutional accounts. We work collaboratively to solve problems, and to identify undervalued assets through deep fundamental research, statistical analysis and an analytically rigorous approach to decision making. Above all else, we value integrity, uncompromising rationality, creativity and entrepreneurship, and continuous learning and improvement.
Our team of over 80 individuals is the engine of our success and we welcome truly exceptional candidates from all backgrounds.
WAM is a fit for you if:
- You enjoy a collaborative environment, where decisions are made in diverse teams. At WAM, all employees can expect to work directly with members of other departments representing a range of backgrounds.
- You work well in a flat structure and are comfortable voicing dissenting opinion. Talent and work ethic will dictate what you can achieve at WAM, as evidenced by the fact that our co-president and the majority of our managing directors began their careers here as interns.
- You are driven to constantly learn, improve, and make rational decisions based in fact and data, and you welcome receiving feedback as well as sharing knowledge with others.
- You prioritize acting ethically in all situations.
WAM is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.