Weiss Asset Management (WAM), a Boston-based investment firm, is seeking an experienced Execution Trader to join the investment team to further expand execution capabilities across various asset classes in the portfolio. An ideal candidate has exceptional quantitative, analytical, and negotiation skills. He or she also demonstrates great attention to detail and the ability to multi-task, handle ambiguity, and proactively adapt to changing market conditions. Over time, the Execution Trader can expect to learn more about and contribute to the investment strategies of the trades being made. At least 5 years of previous experience as a buy side or sell side trader is required.
- Execute trades on global equities, options, debt, futures, and other securities
- Minimize transaction costs in trading and be able to perform pre and post trade transaction cost analysis
- Gather and analyze flow color from sell-side counterparties
- Develop and manage trading relationships with sell-side counterparties
- Familiar with equity options trading, valuation and risk management
- Liaise with the operations team to reduce risks of errors and resolve any trading issues
About the Company:
For 30 years, Weiss Asset Management has developed proprietary value-based investment strategies designed to deliver high risk-adjusted returns to our investors, who include charitable foundations, pension plans, endowments, hospitals, government entities and private investors. We manage approximately $2.7 billion across hedge funds and institutional accounts. We work collaboratively to solve problems, and to identify undervalued assets through deep fundamental research, statistical analysis and an analytically rigorous approach to decision making. Above all else, we value integrity, uncompromising rationality, creativity and entrepreneurship, and continuous learning and improvement.
Our team of over 80 individuals is the engine of our success and we welcome truly exceptional candidates from all backgrounds.
WAM is a fit for you if:
- You enjoy a collaborative environment, where decisions are made in diverse teams. At WAM, all employees can expect to work directly with members of other departments representing a range of backgrounds.
- You work well in a flat structure and are comfortable voicing dissenting opinion. Talent and work ethic will dictate what you can achieve at WAM, as evidenced by the fact that our co-president and the majority of our managing directors began their careers here as interns.
- You are driven to constantly learn, improve, and make rational decisions based in fact and data, and you welcome receiving feedback as well as sharing knowledge with others.
- You prioritize acting ethically in all situations.
WAM is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.