Weiss Asset Management (WAM), a Boston-based investment firm, is seeking a Technology Investment Analyst to join our investment team and assist Portfolio Managers with research and investments in various technology related sectors. An ideal candidate has relevant experience, demonstrates strong analytical and quantitative skills, thoroughness and strong ownership of work. As an excellent communicator and enthusiastic researcher, the analyst will thrive in a collaborate environment and contribute meaningfully to the origination and execution of a broad range of investment strategies. Prior experience within the tech group of an investment firm, consulting firm or investment bank is preferred. WAM has locations in Boston, San Francisco, New York, and remote work is a possibility.
- Perform fundamental analysis, assist in due diligence efforts and build financial models in order to evaluate prospective investment opportunities
- Research and analyze industry trends to identify potential investment opportunities and generate insights
- Prepare and deliver research memos, reports, and presentations summarizing key findings and recommendations to the Investment Committee and other stakeholders
- Maintain the integrity of valuation models and track relative performance of the investments
- Participate in calls with counterparties for asset and market performance updates and manage relationships with external pipeline partners
About the Company:
For more than 25 years, Weiss Asset Management has developed proprietary value-based investment strategies designed to deliver high risk-adjusted returns to our investors, who include charitable foundations, pension plans, endowments, hospitals, government entities and private investors. We manage approximately $2 billion across hedge funds and institutional accounts. We work collaboratively to solve problems, and to identify undervalued assets through deep fundamental research, statistical analysis and an analytically rigorous approach to decision making.
We value integrity, intellectual honesty, continuous learning and improvement. We foster creativity and entrepreneurialism. We have an uncompromising commitment to rationality, and we believe that by understanding our mistakes, we make progress. Our culture is more important than any individual and more persistent than any strategy.
Our team of over 65 individuals is the engine of our success and we welcome truly exceptional candidates from all backgrounds.
WAM is a fit for you if:
- You enjoy a collaborative environment, where decisions are made in diverse teams. At WAM, all employees can expect to work directly with members of other departments representing a range of backgrounds.
- You work well in a flat structure and are comfortable voicing dissenting opinion. Talent and work ethic will dictate what you can achieve at WAM, as evidenced by the fact that our co-president and the majority of our managing directors began their careers here as interns.
- You are driven to constantly learn, improve, and make rational decisions based in fact, and you welcome receiving feedback as well as sharing knowledge with others.
- You prioritize acting ethically in all situations.
WAM is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.