Weiss Asset Management (WAM), a Boston-based asset manager, is seeking ambitious interns to join our dynamic operations and treasury teams. The Operations and Treasury Interns will take ownership of a range of operational responsibilities and will be expected to use an analytical approach to influence new processes. A successful candidate will demonstrate a strong attention to detail, effective communication skills, and a resourceful attitude. Interns can expect to gain exposure to multiple markets and asset classes and quickly develop a practical understanding of operations and treasury on an active desk. High-performing interns are typically offered full time positions upon graduation. Candidates without experience in finance are encouraged to apply.
Highlights of a WAM internship:
- We consider the internship to be the pipeline to our operations and treasury teams: we hire people who we think will improve our returns in the long term, and we invest in developing them accordingly
- All interns complete our rigorous training program which covers investment, operational, and firm wide strategies
- Interns will complete real operations tasks and projects including margin and financing reconciliation, position cleanup, treasury reporting, which have real impact on our business functions
- We have the flexibility to tailor projects for each intern to allow him or her to demonstrate current skills and to develop new ones
- We host a variety of events in and out of the office throughout the summer to allow interns to get to know operations and treasury staff, as well as the rest of the firm, at a personal level
About the company:
Weiss Asset Management is a Boston-based investment firm whose hedge funds and institutional accounts invest approximately $2 billion globally. For over 25 years, WAM has developed proprietary value-based strategies designed to deliver top-tier returns to its investors, which include charitable foundations, pension plans, endowments, hospitals, government entities and private investors. Our collaborative culture and our analytically rigorous approach to problem solving foster cutting-edge academic and industry research.
Above all else, we value integrity, uncompromising rationality, creativity and entrepreneurship, and continuous learning and improvement. Our team of over 80 individuals is the engine of our success and we welcome truly exceptional candidates from all backgrounds.
WAM is a fit for you if:
- You enjoy a collaborative environment, where decisions are made in diverse teams. At WAM, all employees can expect to work directly with members of other departments representing a range of backgrounds.
- You work well in a flat structure and are comfortable voicing dissenting opinion. Talent and work ethic will dictate what you can achieve at WAM, as evidenced by the fact that our co-president and the majority of our managing directors began their careers here as interns.
- You are driven to constantly learn, improve, and make rational decisions based in fact, and you welcome receiving feedback as well as sharing knowledge with others.
- You prioritize acting ethically in all situations.
WAM is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.