Weiss Asset Management (WAM), a Boston based asset manager, is seeking a People Operations Associate who will join and become a leader in our quickly growing HR department to drive improvements across current and future HR functions. The Associate will work cross-functionally with all teams to oversee benefits, immigration, policies, compliance, onboarding, training and development programs, and interact with external partners as necessary. A successful candidate will be mature, have strong communication and listening skills, and is able to handle confidential information and situations to best support our employees. The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of previous experience in an HR role, preferably with emphasis on benefits, HR compliance and/or immigration.
- Identify new employee benefits, systems, providers, and coordinate onboarding of new programs to help improve the employee experience
- Manage internal training and communication for all HR-related compliance activity, including updating policies, discrimination/harassment training, filing obligations, etc.
- Assist in developing robust and consistent programs for employee feedback and professional development
- Oversee workflow of employee immigration cases between the firm and external counsel
- Partner with leadership to ensure culture and values reflect in all HR practices, and identify outlets to support company culture
- The position will report to our current Head of Human Resources, but the ideal candidate will be poised to grow and develop into our next leader of the HR department
About the Company:
For more than 25 years, Weiss Asset Management has developed proprietary value-based investment strategies designed to deliver high risk-adjusted returns to our investors, who include charitable foundations, pension plans, endowments, hospitals, government entities and private investors. We manage approximately $2 billion across hedge funds and institutional accounts. We work collaboratively to solve problems, and to identify undervalued assets through deep fundamental research, statistical analysis and an analytically rigorous approach to decision making.
We value integrity, intellectual honesty, continuous learning and improvement. We foster creativity and entrepreneurialism. We have an uncompromising commitment to rationality, and we believe that by understanding our mistakes, we make progress. Our culture is more important than any individual and more persistent than any strategy.
Our team of over 65 individuals is the engine of our success and we welcome truly exceptional candidates from all backgrounds.
WAM is a fit for you if:
- You enjoy a collaborative environment, where decisions are made in diverse teams. At WAM, all employees can expect to work directly with members of other departments representing a range of backgrounds.
- You work well in a flat structure and are comfortable voicing dissenting opinion. Talent and work ethic will dictate what you can achieve at WAM, as evidenced by the fact that our co-president and the majority of our managing directors began their careers here as interns.
- You are driven to constantly learn, improve, and make rational decisions based in fact and data, and you welcome receiving feedback as well as sharing knowledge with others.
- You prioritize acting ethically in all situations.
WAM is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.