Weiss Asset Management (WAM), a Boston-based investment firm, is seeking a highly intelligent and self-motivated individual to join our dynamic legal team and participate in all aspects of the legal function in a growing, internationally-focused hedge fund firm that invests in over 40 countries and is rolling out new products. The right candidate will want to proactively take ownership of several functions within the legal department, communicate effectively with all teams across the firm, and engage in multiple substantive areas as a generalist. Candidates should be curious and driven with a desire to learn about all aspects of an investment firm. The position will have tremendous growth potential, as the candidate will be joining a quickly growing team with a wide range of responsibilities. Prior experience as a legal assistant/paralegal is not required.
- Interacting with brokers and other counterparties in relation to establishing and maintaining trading relationships
- Maintaining company records and information relating to contracts, corporate governance, and entities
- Working with outside counsel and various internal teams in connection with document requests and related matters
- Preparing materials for contracts, documents and filings of a registered investment adviser
- Negotiating and drafting certain arrangements and agreements
About the Company:
Weiss Asset Management is a Boston-based investment firm whose hedge funds and institutional accounts invest approximately $2 billion globally. For over 25 years, WAM has developed proprietary value-based strategies designed to deliver top-tier returns to its investors, which include charitable foundations, pension plans, endowments, hospitals, government entities and private investors. Our collaborative culture and our analytically rigorous approach to problem solving foster cutting-edge research.
Above all else, we value integrity, uncompromising rationality, creativity and entrepreneurship, and continuous learning and improvement. Our team of over 80 individuals is the engine of our success and we welcome truly exceptional candidates from all backgrounds.
WAM is a fit for you if:
- You enjoy a collaborative environment, where decisions are made in diverse teams. At WAM, all employees can expect to work directly with members of other departments representing a range of backgrounds.
- You work well in a flat structure and are comfortable voicing dissenting opinion. Talent and work ethic will dictate what you can achieve at WAM, as evidenced by the fact that our co-president and the majority of our managing directors began their careers here as interns.
- You are driven to constantly learn, improve, and make rational decisions based in fact, and you welcome receiving feedback as well as sharing knowledge with others.
- You prioritize acting ethically in all situations.
WAM is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.