Weiss Asset Management, a Boston-based investment firm, is seeking a risk systems analyst to work with our Investment Team and report directly to the Head of Risk and the Investment Committee. A successful candidate will be motivated, quantitatively oriented, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and familiarity with financial markets, instruments, and technology. He/she will have scripting knowledge plus basic coding knowledge, with an understanding of basic principles of robust data storage. In the long term, a risk system analyst at Weiss can expect to learn about and develop insights of investment strategies and analytical applications such as Risk Metrics to serve as a reliable interface between investment team and the centralized risk system. Previous experience at a financial service firm is a plus but not required.
- Rotate between different groups to learn about trading strategies and the mechanisms of the risk system
- Ensure accurate and effective implementation of risk models and improvements
- Upload and maintain traded securities on the risk engine on a daily basis
- Run risk analysis through stress testing and scenario shocks, identify, investigate and reconcile outliers
- Design, automate and provide reports for Head of Risk, portfolio managers and traders
- Communicate with operations and investment analysts regarding risk inputs and outputs and with software and operations team regarding systems
- Take ownership of documentation of risk assumptions and settings used for the risk system
About the company:
Weiss Asset Management is a Boston-based investment firm whose hedge funds and institutional accounts invest approximately $2 billion globally. For over 25 years, WAM has developed proprietary value-based strategies designed to deliver top-tier returns to its investors, which include charitable foundations, pension plans, endowments, hospitals, government entities and private investors. Our collaborative culture and our analytically rigorous approach to problem solving foster cutting-edge academic and industry research.
Above all else, we value integrity, uncompromising rationality, creativity and entrepreneurship, and continuous learning and improvement. Our team of over 80 individuals is the engine of our success and we welcome truly exceptional candidates from all backgrounds.
WAM is a fit for you if:
- You enjoy a collaborative environment, where decisions are made in diverse teams. At WAM, all employees can expect to work directly with members of other teams representing a range of backgrounds.
- You work well in a flat structure and are comfortable voicing dissenting opinion. Talent and work ethic, not titles, will dictate what you can achieve at WAM, as evidenced by the fact that half of our employees began their careers here as interns.
- You are driven to constantly learn, improve, and make rational decisions, and you welcome receiving feedback as well as sharing knowledge with others.
- You prioritize acting ethically in all situations.
WAM is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.