Weiss Asset Management (WAM), a Boston-based investment firm, is seeking an Investor Relations Associate who will join the existing investor relations team to support client service and business development activities. A large part of the role will include the production and improvement of a broad range of materials used for both external and internal reporting. A successful candidate will be an excellent team player, highly organized and attentive to details, comfortable in a data-driven environment and will bring an understanding of the best practices specific to an investor relations role. Excellent editing and proofreading skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office and CRM systems are required. The ideal candidate will have 2-6 years of experience in a similar role, ideally gained at an institutional asset manager.
A successful Investor Relations Associate will take ownership of key investor relations functions with an emphasis on the following in the first two years:
- Manage production and distribution of materials for external and internal reporting
- Collaborate inter-departmentally with operations, legal and compliance teams to coordinate sourcing and reviewing information / data to ensure accuracy and compliance
- Organize information / data repository for efficient and consistent production of materials to communicate effectively with investors, counterparties, and senior management team
- Establish consistency across current and future investor relations materials and communications including content, style, and visuals
- Organize distribution lists and processes using CRM
- Support existing team’s client service and marketing communications and produce reports and deliverables accordingly
About the Company:
For more than 25 years, Weiss Asset Management has developed proprietary value-based investment strategies designed to deliver high risk-adjusted returns to our investors, who include charitable foundations, pension plans, endowments, hospitals, government entities and private investors. We manage approximately $2 billion across hedge funds and institutional accounts. We work collaboratively to solve problems, and to identify undervalued assets through deep fundamental research, statistical analysis and an analytically rigorous approach to decision making.
We value integrity, intellectual honesty, continuous learning and improvement. We foster creativity and entrepreneurialism. We have an uncompromising commitment to rationality, and we believe that by understanding our mistakes, we make progress. Our culture is more important than any individual and more persistent than any strategy.
Our team of over 65 individuals is the engine of our success and we welcome truly exceptional candidates from all backgrounds.
WAM is a fit for you if:
- You enjoy a collaborative environment, where decisions are made in diverse teams. At WAM, all employees can expect to work directly with members of other departments representing a range of backgrounds.
- You work well in a flat structure and are comfortable voicing dissenting opinion. Talent and work ethic will dictate what you can achieve at WAM, as evidenced by the fact that our co-president and the majority of our managing directors began their careers here as interns.
- You are driven to constantly learn, improve, and make rational decisions based in fact, and you welcome receiving feedback as well as sharing knowledge with others.
- You prioritize acting ethically in all situations.
WAM is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.