The Weiss Asset Management Group is hiring for interns to work in Boston and in San Francisco for summer 2021 with the investment team, which invests globally in equities, derivatives, and fixed income through fundamental and quantitative strategies. Successful candidates will pair strong quantitative abilities with an interest in qualitative analysis. At WAM, interns can expect to gain investment experience on par with that of first-year buy-side analysts and traders, and high-performing interns are typically offered full time positions upon graduation.
Highlights of the summer 2021 WAM internship:
- Time: June 14th, 2021 – August 20th, 2021 (10 weeks)
- We consider the internship to be the pipeline to our investment team: we hire people who we think will improve our returns in the long term, and we invest in developing them accordingly.
- Each intern is assigned two advisors on the investment team, who are consistently available to provide guidance and feedback.
- All interns complete our rigorous training program which covers pure arbitrage, value investing, and statistical strategies across multiple asset classes.
- Interns complete real projects that directly impact our investment strategies and can expect to contribute at all stages of the investment process, including sourcing, researching, and modelling.
- We have the flexibility to tailor projects for each intern to allow him or her to demonstrate current skills and to develop new ones. We also encourage interns to work with different groups throughout the fall.
- We host a variety of events in and outside the office throughout the internship to allow interns to get to know senior investment staff, as well as the rest of the firm, at a personal level.
- Please let us know if you receive any competing offers with short deadlines at any point so that we may expedite your application. You can email email@example.com to let us know.
- Fundamental Research Associates (FRA) is the Weiss Asset Management Group’s San Francisco member office and is looking to hire 1-2 interns with prior exposure to fundamental equity analysis. Our San Francisco office is smaller than our Boston office and interns will focus primarily on fundamental equity analysis.
About Our Asia Desk:
- The Asia desk operates out of our Boston office during Asia market hours (overnight Boston time) and is looking to hire 1-2 interns with certain language skills. The team focuses on ECM and fundamental analysis.
About the company:
Weiss Asset Management is a Boston-based investment firm whose hedge funds and institutional accounts invest approximately $2 billion globally. For over 25 years, WAM has developed proprietary value-based strategies designed to deliver top-tier returns to its investors, which include charitable foundations, pension plans, endowments, hospitals, government entities and private investors. Our collaborative culture and our analytically rigorous approach to problem solving foster cutting-edge academic and industry research.
Above all else, we value integrity, uncompromising rationality, creativity and entrepreneurship, and continuous learning and improvement. Our team of over 80 individuals is the engine of our success and we welcome truly exceptional candidates from all backgrounds.
WAM is a fit for you if:
- You enjoy a collaborative environment, where decisions are made in diverse teams. At WAM, all employees can expect to work directly with members of other departments representing a range of backgrounds.
- You work well in a flat structure and are comfortable voicing dissenting opinion. Talent and work ethic, not titles, will dictate what you can achieve at WAM, as evidenced by the fact that 3 of our 4 managing directors began their careers here as interns.
- You are driven to constantly learn, improve, and make rational decisions based in fact, and you welcome receiving feedback as well as sharing knowledge with others.
- You prioritize acting ethically in all situations.
WAM is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.