Applications for the internship program for Summer 2021 will open starting in mid-August 2020 on a rolling basis, made available directly on our firm’s career website. By filling in the form at the bottom of the page, you will receive an email reminder to apply from us when the recruiting process opens up.
***No resume or phone number needed. The form is not an official application form.
Who is it for?
- You enjoy a collaborative environment, where decisions are made in diverse teams. At WAM, all employees can expect to work directly with members of other departments representing a range of backgrounds.
- You work well in a flat structure and are comfortable voicing dissenting opinion. Talent and work ethic, not titles, will dictate what you can achieve at WAM, as evidenced by the fact that 3 of our 4 managing directors began their careers here as interns.
- You are driven to constantly learn, improve, and make rational decisions based in fact, and you welcome receiving feedback as well as sharing knowledge with others.
- You prioritize acting ethically in all situations.
What does this program offer?
- Interns can expect to gain investment experience on par with that of first year buy-side analysts and traders, and high-performing interns are typically offered full time positions upon graduation.
- Each intern is assigned two advisors on the investment team, who are consistently available to provide guidance and feedback.
- All interns complete our rigorous training program, which lasts about 2 weeks and covers pure arbitrage, value investing, and statistical strategies across multiple asset classes.
- Interns complete real projects that directly impact our investment strategies and can expect to contribute at all stages of the investment process, including sourcing, researching, and modelling.
- We have the flexibility to tailor projects for each intern to allow him or her to demonstrate current skills and to develop new ones. We also encourage interns to work with different groups throughout the summer.
- We host a variety of events in and out of the office throughout the summer to allow interns to get to know senior investment staff, as well as the rest of the firm, at a personal level.
We consider the internship to be the pipeline to our investment team: we hire people who we think will improve our returns in the long term, and we invest in developing them accordingly.