Weiss Asset Management, a Boston-based investment firm, is seeking a Hedge Fund Accountant, who will join our dynamic accounting team and become an expert in the diverse business challenges of a global hedge fund. The team is comprised of creative problem-solvers and self-starters with strong quantitative abilities who have the proven ability to produce results. A successful candidate will have at least two years of accounting industry experience and will pair a rigorous work ethic with a desire to work closely with a team. CPA designation and experience in hedge fund accounting, audit, or tax are preferred but not required. Accountants at Weiss make use of strong analytical skills to identify risks and propose solutions that will positively impact the company’s long-term growth and success.
- Owning the accounting for our two flagship hedge funds, one special situation fund, and U.K. listed closed-end fund.
- Working with administrator to complete monthly/quarterly NAV process, as well as weekly NAV process for our closed-end fund.
- Portfolio valuation and Valuation Committee reporting.
- Assisting with the preparation of limited partner K-1’s, which involved working closely with our external tax accountants.
- Working with external auditors to assist in the completion of the annual audits of the funds.
- Building a knowledge base of the differing accounting, legal, trading, and operational implications of investing in a wide variety of financial instruments and markets.
- Responsibilities will eventually grow to include management company accounting, as well.
About the Company:
For more than 25 years, Weiss Asset Management has developed proprietary value-based investment strategies designed to deliver high risk-adjusted returns to our investors, who include charitable foundations, pension plans, endowments, hospitals, government entities and private investors. We manage approximately $2 billion across hedge funds and institutional accounts. We work collaboratively to solve problems, and to identify undervalued assets through deep fundamental research, statistical analysis and an analytically rigorous approach to decision making.
We value integrity, intellectual honesty, continuous learning and improvement. We foster creativity and entrepreneurialism. We have an uncompromising commitment to rationality, and we believe that by understanding our mistakes, we make progress. Our culture is more important than any individual and more persistent than any strategy.
Our team of over 65 individuals is the engine of our success and we welcome truly exceptional candidates from all backgrounds.
WAM is a fit for you if:
- You enjoy a collaborative environment, where decisions are made in diverse teams. At WAM, all employees can expect to work directly with members of other departments representing a range of backgrounds.
- You work well in a flat structure and are comfortable voicing dissenting opinion. Talent and work ethic, not titles, will dictate what you can achieve at WAM, as evidenced by the fact that 3 of our 4 managing directors began their careers here as interns.
- You are driven to constantly learn, improve, and make rational decisions based in fact, and you welcome receiving feedback as well as sharing knowledge with others.
- You prioritize acting ethically in all situations.
WAM is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.