Weiss Asset Management, a Boston-based investment firm, is seeking a highly motivated, extremely intelligent, and well-organized Assistant to the COO . The Assistant will have responsibility for the details of the COO’s business life so that he can concentrate on making strategic decisions. This role offers the opportunity to learn about all aspects of our business and the right person could eventually take on many of the duties of a senior manager.
A successful Assistant can expect to help the COO to be more efficient and effective on a daily basis in the following ways:
- Manage the COO’s calendar and schedule business travel
- Coordinate, prepare for, and attend internal and external meetings on behalf of the COO
- Handle correspondence for the COO, including taking calls and drafting emails on his behalf
- Work on month-end reporting for the COO
Additionally, the Assistant can expect other ad hoc duties, including but not limited to:
- Maintain a well-functioning office, including answering and directing general phone calls and streamlining office repairs and maintenance
- Negotiate prices for goods and services
- Plan and coordinate company events
About the Company:
For more than 25 years, Weiss Asset Management has developed proprietary value-based investment strategies designed to deliver high risk-adjusted returns to our investors, who include charitable foundations, pension plans, endowments, hospitals, government entities and private investors. We manage approximately $2 billion across hedge funds and institutional accounts. We work collaboratively to solve problems, and to identify undervalued assets through deep fundamental research, statistical analysis and an analytically rigorous approach to decision making.
We value integrity, intellectual honesty, continuous learning and improvement. We foster creativity and entrepreneurialism. We have an uncompromising commitment to rationality, and we believe that by understanding our mistakes, we make progress. Our culture is more important than any individual and more persistent than any strategy.
Our team of over 65 individuals is the engine of our success and we welcome truly exceptional candidates from all backgrounds.
WAM is a fit for you if:
- You enjoy a collaborative environment, where decisions are made in diverse teams. At WAM, all employees can expect to work directly with members of other departments representing a range of backgrounds.
- You work well in a flat structure and are comfortable voicing dissenting opinion. Talent and work ethic, not titles, will dictate what you can achieve at WAM, as evidenced by the fact that 3 of our 4 managing directors began their careers here as interns.
- You are driven to constantly learn, improve, and make rational decisions based in fact, and you welcome receiving feedback as well as sharing knowledge with others.
- You prioritize acting ethically in all situations.
WAM is an equal opportunity employer.