Weiss Asset Management, a Boston-based investment firm, is seeking an analyst who will join our global investment team in the search for actionable investment opportunities in UK investment companies and UK/European equities. Experience in equity and fundamental research and a demonstrated passion for investing are preferred, but we will consider candidates with relevant academic backgrounds. A successful candidate will be an independent thinker, but will thrive in a collaborate environment and employ strong written and verbal communication to integrate with the broader investment team.
A successful UK Equity and Investment Companies Analyst will balance quantitative and qualitative analysis, along with a strong attention to detail, to achieve the following:
- Conduct in-depth diligence on UK-listed investment companies and UK/European equities, with the potential for expansion into event-driven, credit, and distressed investments
- Build and maintain relationships with companies, sell side counterparties, and other investors; travel and attend industry conferences
- Generate alpha from proprietary and differentiated primary research
- Work collaboratively with the broader investing team on fundamental research
- Development and build new approaches to investing
About the company:
Weiss Asset Management is a Boston-based investment firm whose hedge funds and institutional accounts invest approximately $2 billion globally. For over 25 years, WAM has developed proprietary value-based strategies designed to deliver top-tier returns to its investors, which include charitable foundations, pension plans, endowments, hospitals, government entities and private investors. Our collaborative culture and our analytically rigorous approach to problem solving foster cutting-edge academic and industry research.
Above all else, we value integrity, uncompromising rationality, creativity and entrepreneurship, and continuous learning and improvement. Our team of over 80 individuals is the engine of our success and we welcome truly exceptional candidates from all backgrounds.
WAM is a fit for you if:
- You enjoy a collaborative environment, where decisions are made in diverse teams. At WAM, all employees can expect to work directly with members of other departments representing a range of backgrounds.
- You work well in a flat structure and are comfortable voicing dissenting opinion. Talent and work ethic, not titles, will dictate what you can achieve at WAM, as evidenced by the fact that 3 of our 4 managing directors began their careers here as interns.
- You are driven to constantly learn, improve, and make rational decisions based in fact, and you welcome receiving feedback as well as sharing knowledge with others.
- You prioritize acting ethically in all situations.
WAM is an equal opportunity employer.