Weiss Asset Management, a Boston-based investment firm, is seeking an ambitious analyst to join our dynamic operations team. A successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, will enjoy taking ownership of a range of operational responsibilities, and will seek to document and improve existing processes at every opportunity. The Analyst can expect to gain exposure to multiple markets and asset classes, quickly develop a practical understanding of operations on an active desk, and have the opportunity to grow as an investment professional in the long-term. Candidates without experience in finance are encouraged to apply.
A successful Operations Analyst will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of operations functions, and rotations in the first two years can include:
- Managing trade booking and settlement processes across markets and asset classes
- Ensuring correct processing of corporate actions
- Managing all aspects of equity and fixed income borrow trading, including maintaining relationships with external stock loan desks, negotiating rates, and maintaining internal databases
- Ensuring correct portfolio valuation and reconciliation
- Creating operations and company-wide metrics and reporting packages
- Optimizing cash and collateral balances across multiple currencies
About the Company:
For more than 25 years, Weiss Asset Management has developed proprietary value-based investment strategies designed to deliver high risk-adjusted returns to our investors, who include charitable foundations, pension plans, endowments, hospitals, government entities and private investors. We manage approximately $2 billion across hedge funds and institutional accounts. We work collaboratively to solve problems, and to identify undervalued assets through deep fundamental research, statistical analysis and an analytically rigorous approach to decision making.
We value integrity, intellectual honesty, continuous learning and improvement. We foster creativity and entrepreneurialism. We have an uncompromising commitment to rationality, and we believe that by understanding our mistakes, we make progress. Our culture is more important than any individual and more persistent than any strategy.
Our team of over 65 individuals is the engine of our success and we welcome truly exceptional candidates from all backgrounds.
WAM is a fit for you if:
- You enjoy a collaborative environment, where decisions are made in diverse teams. At WAM, all employees can expect to work directly with members of other departments representing a range of backgrounds.
- You work well in a flat structure and are comfortable voicing dissenting opinion. Talent and work ethic, not titles, will dictate what you can achieve at WAM, as evidenced by the fact that 3 of our 4 managing directors began their careers here as interns.
- You are driven to constantly learn, improve, and make rational decisions based in fact, and you welcome receiving feedback as well as sharing knowledge with others.
- You prioritize acting ethically in all situations.
WAM is an equal opportunity employer.