Weee!, headquartered in Fremont, California, is the largest and fastest-growing(700% YoY growth) Asian e-grocer providing affordable access to hard-to-find and fresh Asian ingredients directly from the source. By partnering with local suppliers and leveraging proprietary demand forecasting technology, Weee! is reshaping the grocery supply chain entirely. Weee! has received $50M+ in funding to date from Goodwater Capital, iFly.vc, XVC, VMG, Lightspeed Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank., Amino Capital, VMG, XVE and Welight Capital. Weee! is currently available in the San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento, Seattle, and Los Angeles and is gearing up for significant service expansion nationwide slated for the next 12 months.
About the role
We are looking for an innovative Procurement Manager to lead our procurement team. You will spearhead the purchasing process from making purchasing orders to ensuring stock optimization, as well as provide guidance on sourcing and procurement processes. Our Procurement Manager will be a supply chain and logistics expert who will specialize in implementing cost-effective purchases of all goods, as required by the company. Ensuring quality control and adhering to the company’s policies and procedures on supply chain management will be some of your main priorities when carrying out this role.
- Lead the procurement team to develop and execute the optimum supplier allocation, pricing, contract structure, capacity, and risk strategies.
- Monitor and manage supplier compliance to contract terms, product availability, quality and service level expectations, and cost.
- Collaborate on cross-functional projects for menu innovation and lead in the development of win-win solutions to meet business needs.
- Place POs with suppliers to maintain target inventory positions.
- Collaborate with category buyer team and strategic sourcing team to deliver the best procurement strategy for the company with solid execution
- B.A./B.S. with a business or supply chain focus preferred
- 5-8 years of sourcing, supply chain, or procurement experience
- 2-3 of supervisory experience
- Procurement experience in grocery food industry, category management experience in grocery is preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Substantial analytical and planning mindset.
- Self-driven, positive, results-oriented performer
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability and desire to work with various functions across a multitude of management levels and partners.
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision
- Free lunch daily, catered by local restaurants
- Quarterly performance bonus
- Vacation and holiday time off
- Monthly Weee! Points credit
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.