Assortment Planning Manager
Weee!, headquartered in Fremont, California, is the largest and fastest-growing(700% YoY growth) Asian e-grocer providing affordable access to hard-to-find and fresh Asian ingredients directly from the source. By partnering with local suppliers and leveraging proprietary demand forecasting technology, Weee! is reshaping the grocery supply chain entirely. Weee! has received $50M+ in funding to date from Goodwater Capital, iFly.vc, XVC, VMG, Lightspeed Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank., Amino Capital, VMG, XVE and Welight Capital. Weee! is currently available in the San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento, Seattle, and Los Angeles and is gearing up for significant service expansion nationwide slated for the next 12 months.
About the role
The Assortment Planning Manager will lead the team of Assortment and Planning to provide subject matter expertise, and analytical support to assortment decisions made by the merchandising organization. This position needs to understand the organization’s core value and key strategies and translate them into strategic assortment expansion and optimization plans. The manager should also lead the team to support the product category teams on New Product Introduction, Promotion Planning, and Pricing.
- Strategic assortment planning, optimization, and monitoring.
- Work in collaboration with Category Buyers to determine category assortment goals and objectives, conduct standard and ad hoc analysis to identify key drivers of performance, make assortment decisions that will improve category performance.
- New product introduction approval and underperforming SKU ramp-off planning.
- Support the merchandising team on promotion decisions and ROI analysis.
- Make pricing strategies, and provide cross-platform price monitoring.
- 3+ years of proven experience in food industry assortment planning.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program in a field business analytics or a related field.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Prior experience with merchandise planning software
- Proficient with Excel, MySQL, R, or other statistical software
- Strong analytical skills including demonstrated aptitude with financial analysis and ability to generate insight from large and complex data sets
- Strong communication skills including the ability to effectively articulate viewpoint to executive leadership and ability to write compelling executive level presentations
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision
- Free lunch daily, catered by local restaurants
- Quarterly performance bonus
- Vacation and holiday time off
- Monthly Weee! Points credit
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.