Weee!, headquartered in Fremont, California, is the largest and fastest-growing(700% YoY growth) Asian e-grocer providing affordable access to hard-to-find and fresh Asian ingredients directly from the source. By partnering with local suppliers and leveraging proprietary demand forecasting technology, Weee! is reshaping the grocery supply chain entirely. Weee! has received $50M+ in funding to date from Goodwater Capital, iFly.vc, XVC, VMG, Lightspeed Ventures, Silicon Valley Bank, Amino Capital and Welight Capital. Weee! is currently available in the San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento, Seattle, and Los Angeles and is gearing up for significant service expansion nationwide slated for the next 12 months.
About the role
As a Category Buyer, you are responsible for managing the buying of compelling assortments for our customers at Weee!. It’s your job to effectively develop suites of products – determining competitive pricing and analyzing marketplace trends to identify new opportunities for the future and which assortments to transition if they are past their prime – ensuring business plans are a “win-win” for our customers and Weee!. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends and synthesize information and partnerships across multiple cross-functional touchpoints – providing forecasts and business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment. Your job is to bring the “art” to the “science” – using your intuition and expertise fueled by data, analytics, and, above all, a passion for helping our customers get high-quality products and live better.
- Owns sales and gross profit margin
- Develops and implements strategic direction for multiple categories
- Drives sales and gross profit through the optimization of the product assortment in multiple categories
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for junior buyers
- Supports cross-channel and company initiatives to achieve global strategic multi-channel plans
- 3+ years of proven experience in merchandise, forecasting and product selection
- Industry background required
- In addition, must have experience developing strong business relationships with vendors and industry leaders
- Have experience managing and creating new categories of business in an extremely competitive environment
- Have experience managing margin to meet category objectives
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Bilingual (English and Chinese)
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision
- Free lunch daily, catered by local restaurants
- Quarterly performance bonus
- Vacation and holiday time off
- Monthly Weee! Points credit
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.