Weee!, headquartered in Fremont, California, is the largest and fastest-growing(700% YoY growth) Asian e-grocer providing affordable access to hard-to-find and fresh Asian ingredients directly from the source. By partnering with local suppliers and leveraging proprietary demand forecasting technology, Weee! is reshaping the grocery supply chain entirely. Weee! has received $50M+ in funding to date from Goodwater Capital, iFly.vc, XVC, VMG, Lightspeed Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank., Amino Capital, VMG, XVE and Welight Capital. Weee! is currently available in the San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento, Seattle, and Los Angeles and is gearing up for significant service expansion nationwide slated for the next 12 months.
About the role
As a Category Manager, you will have accountability for the regional business results of your product subcategories. Your responsibility will be to manage department performance including expanding product selection, setting category strategy, developing marketing programs, developing and growing vendor relationships, negotiating contracts, driving sales and margin improvements and providing exciting customer experiences.
An excellent category manager must have extensive experience in understanding consumer needs and the retail environment. They must have a commercial mindset and full comprehension of marketing and sales principles. Exceptional communication skills are also key for category managers.
- Owns regional product sales and gross profit margin
- Oversees a team to effectively develop suites of products – determining competitive pricing and analyzing marketplace trends to identify new opportunities
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Develops and implements strategic direction for multiple categories
- Determines the positioning of a product category to maximize visibility
- Liaises with marketing teams to determine competitive pricing and promotional activities of a product category
- Collaborates with buyers and warehouse managers to expand product categories
- Makes forecasts for product demand to ensure the sustainability of inventory
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years experiences in buying, account management, product management, project management, financial analysis and/or marketing
- Proven negotiating skills, influencing abilities and relationship management experience
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
- Solid communications skills in both verbal and written
- Strong analytic skills and expertise in Excel
- Ability to seamlessly work across functional and organizational boundaries, and reputation for influencing others and earning trust across levels and organizations
- Pen track record of delivering initiatives from conception through completion of large-scale projects
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision
- Free lunch daily, catered by local restaurants
- Quarterly performance bonus
- Vacation and holiday time off
- Monthly Weee! Points credit
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.