Marketing Technology Manager (Remote)
The marketing technology manager is responsible for establishing, leveraging and extending the marketing technology environment for B2C and B2B customer acquisition, engagement and conversion. You will evaluate, recommend, and deploy advanced marketing technologies in support of marketing initiatives and roadmaps. You will integrate these technologies within the broader technology stack encompassing marketplace apps, customer data platforms, CRMs, analytics and automation systems. As needed, you will establish reference implementation templates, guidelines and processes to help marketing users properly leverage these systems for customer-facing campaigns and experiments.
The impact you'll make:
- Lead the implementation of new marketing technology solutions to improve efficiency and performance across marketing channels.
- Setup, configure, and optimize martech tools and integrations in collaboration with vendors and technical staff. Will include customer data platforms, digital adoption platforms, customer engagement platforms, analytics and workflow automation tools.
- Establish best practices and procedures for setting up and connecting customer-facing touch points with backend analytics, automation and workflow systems
- Develop guidance and training to help internal users better utilize a broad range of marketing technologies on both the demand (B2C) and supply (B2B) sides of the Weedmaps marketplace
- As needed, build low/no-code mini apps to automate processes, improve trackability of marketing activities and programs
- Ensure data quality and accuracy across our marketing systems and work with cross-functional teams to establish data management policies. Extend and update the tracking plan for the Segment customer data platform
- Partner with procurement team to evaluate vendors, reduce contract costs
- Provide regular reporting and analysis on marketing technology performance.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest marketing technology trends and best practices and make recommendations on new tools and systems that can help us achieve our marketing goals.
What you've accomplished:
- Well versed in modern marketing technologies that work with web apps, mobile apps, customer data platforms, CRMs and APIs
- 7+ years of experience in marketing technology or marketing operations roles.
- Experience deploying or extending the Twilio-Segment CDP, and establishing or extending data tracking plans
- Familiarity with Braze, Intercom, Heap, Instapage, Salesforce and/or similar technologies
- Ability to present ideas and recommendations succinctly, drive consensus and buy-in across technical and business stakeholders
- Experience working with cross-functional technical and business teams to reliably capture and manage user activity and data for triggering, personalizing and measuring marketing campaigns and customer touch points
- Able to develop specifications and communicate requirements to technical and engineering collaborators
- Able to leverage low/no-code tools such as Zapier, Google Sheets/Forms to establish automated workflows
- Undergraduate degree in business, analytical or technical domain
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
The base pay range for this position is $142,000.00 - $162,000.00
2023 Benefits for Full Time, Regular Employees:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day 1):
- Employee - employer paid premium 100%
- For plans that offer coverage to your dependents, you pay a small contribution
- Basic Life & AD&D - employer paid 1x salary up to $250,000
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Family planning/fertility - including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings - including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- You get an opportunity to shape the future of the cannabis industry
- You get to play a meaningful role that impacts the wellbeing of others
- Casual work environment, no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Numerous opportunities to learn and grow your professional skills
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with other Weedmappers through speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights, and much more!
Weedmaps is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. The Company prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees or applicants based on race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion and religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, military status, veteran status, uniformed service member status, sexual orientation, transgender identity, citizenship status, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants are entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state/local laws, unless the accommodation presents undue hardship. Please email us at peopleoperations at weedmaps.com if you would like to confidentially discuss a potential accommodation during the interview process.
WM Technology, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we’ve seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.
Notice to prospective Weedmaps job applicants:
Our team has been made aware of incidents involving LinkedIn, Telegram, and Facebook accounts impersonating Weedmaps recruiters. These individuals are attempting to use our company name to solicit payment from prospective candidates interested in applying for jobs at our company. Our team is actively working to combat these attempts, but in the meantime, please be mindful of the following:
- Our recruiters will always communicate with candidates through an @weedmaps.com email address.
- CORRECT: email@example.com
- INCORRECT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our recruiters will NEVER ask for or attempt to solicit payment from applicants in order to apply, interview, or work for Weedmaps.
- If you are interested in a role at Weedmaps, please apply through our established channels.
- Weedmaps Careers Page or LinkedIn
If you are unsure if a communication is legitimate, please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com and they will happily confirm for you. Thank you for your vigilance and we appreciate your interest in working with us!