A successful Account Manager will leverage influencing, relationship-building, and consultative selling skills to drive the adoption of drive revenue.
As an Account Manager, you will work with clients to understand and anticipate how they make future budget decisions, explore and uncover upsell opportunities, and maximize utilization by communicating how our range of product offerings can grow their businesses. The right person will have strong communication skills and analytical capabilities to help shape how new and existing businesses will grow. This role is based in our Irvine, CA office.
The impact you'll make:
- Manage and maintain existing relationships and customer needs and drive product utilization.
- Ensure customers obtain value from the spend and consult with customers regularly to improve the overall experience.
- Expand customer relationships and identify and up-sell customers.
- Conduct a follow-up program by email and phone for customer outreach and wellness checks of top assigned accounts.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for all assigned clients seeking help with or general questions related to using WM Technology for their business’ marketing needs.
- Conduct consultative discovery with each current client to ensure satisfaction with WM services and identify their business's specific needs and goals; correctly enter all discovery notes into sales CRM.
- Perform online sales presentations and product demonstrations via web and in person meetings.
- Maintain updated contact information for the client and its decision-makers
- Ensure all client accounts stay current and up-to-date on billing and license verification.
- Using the information gained during discovery, pitch the client on the right combination of WM Business products that meets their needs.
- Identify and close upsell opportunities within your book of business.
- Identify current clients seeking to use premium products and conduct a seamless handoff to your WM colleagues when applicable.
- Drive maximum adoption with your assigned client base of the Standard WM Business offering
- Collect and submit accurate time qualitative feedback from current clients around opportunities to improve our products and process
What you've accomplished:
- BS / BA Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in sales or other customer-facing roles.
- Comfort with and ability to operate at an accelerated, iterative pace in a dynamic environment
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively
- Strategic and analytical sales approach with a focus on building relationships with clients
- Experience in the cannabis industry is a plus
The base pay range for this position is: $90,000.00 - $100,000.00 and a sales incentive plan.
2023 Benefits for Full Time, Regular Employees:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day 1):
- Employee - employer paid premium 100%
- For plans that offer coverage to your dependents, you pay a small contribution
- Basic Life & AD&D - employer paid 1x salary up to $250,000
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Family planning/fertility - including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings - including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- You get an opportunity to shape the future of the cannabis industry
- You get to play a meaningful role that impacts the wellbeing of others
- Casual work environment, no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Numerous opportunities to learn and grow your professional skills
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with other Weedmappers through speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights, and much more!
Weedmaps is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. The Company prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees or applicants based on race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion and religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, military status, veteran status, uniformed service member status, sexual orientation, transgender identity, citizenship status, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants are entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state/local laws, unless the accommodation presents undue hardship. Please email us at peopleoperations at weedmaps.com if you would like to confidentially discuss a potential accommodation during the interview process.
WM Technology, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we’ve seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.
Notice to prospective Weedmaps job applicants:
Our team has been made aware of incidents involving LinkedIn, Telegram, and Facebook accounts impersonating Weedmaps recruiters. These individuals are attempting to use our company name to solicit payment from prospective candidates interested in applying for jobs at our company. Our team is actively working to combat these attempts, but in the meantime, please be mindful of the following:
- Our recruiters will always communicate with candidates through an @weedmaps.com email address.
- CORRECT: email@example.com
- INCORRECT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our recruiters will NEVER ask for or attempt to solicit payment from applicants in order to apply, interview, or work for Weedmaps.
- If you are interested in a role at Weedmaps, please apply through our established channels.
- Weedmaps Careers Page or LinkedIn
If you are unsure if a communication is legitimate, please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com and they will happily confirm for you. Thank you for your vigilance and we appreciate your interest in working with us!